TCCoA Forums banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
We'll all have to meet up sometime! Pick a nice location for lunch or dinner and we'll all meet!?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Most definitely! If anyone is ever by 129th and thunderbird let me know. I really gotta get my bird back on the road though so we can get rid of our third car. Getting close to paying someone to finish it for me.

Kevin

·
Registered
321 Posts
Every saturday in Scottsdale there is a car show at the pavilions as they call it. It's an Idea ....KJH ... What does your car need... I myself am waiting till tomorrow morning I have to replace my trans.. O.D went out.. once car is mobile again I can actually get around..Right now driving around with O.D turned off is hard on the motor so im limited to trips to the market. ugh Hell of a way to start my new life in AZ

·
Registered
14 Posts
tbird_boi82 I would think that would be great. More likely to go out and about once i get the bird running again. Dont want to be going to carshows out at Westworld and thinking how much i need to get the thunderchicken going! Also i had a guy custom bend up a True Dual 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflow Super44's with some nice chrome "rolled pencil tips" for 500 out the door.
( this was from the higher flow Cats i had him installed onto the stock exhaust manifolds, i now have the Kooks headers for the bird...she needs to be installed with the rest of the parts )
www.gerrickscustom.com Thats the guys website, Ex Military guy ( he's a big guy like 6'4 at least )

since i had the exhaust done from him, i always had comments how badass the bird sounded. I loved it ! :D

ALSO! Thanks for the Welcome guys, trying to get used to the whole forum thing, but one thing is for sure. I still love T-birds.

Random Question, is there anyway to tag a post or track it on here so i dont have to keep trying to find where i commented and such? Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've wanted to go to the Pav's but I dont have a place to stay while im down there don't like driving much at night especially back up to Prescott. I guess I could figure something out if you guys wanted to meet up, and all head out there on a saturday night!

@Tuckerooski there is a button somewhere on this page that displays "Subscribe" and it will send you notifications.

Other than that, good to see some AZ members showing up! I'd like to get together and get a bite and meet everyone!

·
Registered
14 Posts
@svt_thunderbird found it! Thanks alot. Yeah also i have an interview at an Autozone this following monday. So i potentially may be able to get some discounts if all works out in my favor. My regular job is as a pharmacy tech, but i need some cheaper parts so Autozone part time should work in my favor. Ill keep you all posted, that way we could snap some parts a little cheaper :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
51st ave and bethany , sweet im at 35th ave glendale ave. So close ..so I got my trans swapped out, omg that was so hard to lift with one floor jack and a board nearly died. but it's in and the car drives great.. I got a 97 grand marquis 4r70w trans from precision salvage for $275 with only 49k on it 1 yr warranty..so im tickled now to find a job and start replacing other stuff. I seriously gonna have to check out that gerrick auto for my exhuast 500 is cheap did he replace your cats too ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
57th and Bethany is close!
Interview went good, manager is moving me through to interview with the dist. manager. (she informed me IF im hired, 20 percent off) :D that would help!

With the exhaust the 500 was not with the cats included ( i had already had a pair of hi flow cats, and X pipe from www.supercoupeperformance.com )

So other than those components, the rest was for the metal,labor, Magnaflow Super44's. Which by the way sounded GOOD on our cars IMO with the true dual exhaust.

Now i just need to do the full headswap and attach the headers...and she will be FLYING!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats man! If you get hired I'll have to make a trip down to Pheonix! We could all potentially meet up near by!

Mine's going through a stage right now hahah, getting my cobra R hood, and new pass side door, then its off to be repainted! After that FMIC, and such. That has to wait a little longer, have to get back to normal living conditions haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
@svt_thunderbird Sounds like a plan to me. Would be fun to hang out with some fellow thunderbird owners

·
Registered
144 Posts
Definitely! I have a Facebook page, and a group called Birds Of Arizona. Feel free to join! This would be much easier for us to meet/ prepare for events. I tend to help most of the SC/ Bird owners up here in the north, but doesn't mean we can't all help each other!

As for time being, I wont be doing much in the Valley until my baby is repainted. Mid August is my anticipation, unless someone with more experience can help me out haha

FB Page https://www.facebook.com/FordThunderbirdMN12
FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1501196196783639/

Lets see some pics of your birds! I'll throw one of mine up in a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have any ideas of a shop to paint your car. Im looking around. Not going to happen for a while but doing my research. I have very little to go from but comments and such online or friends. I was thinking of even doing it myself. Still contemplating that though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'll msg you on Facebook. Painted my car before, just this time I'm limited due to landlord.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@twisted I am at 91st and Glendale! Close!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good to see our little chapter is somewhat active hahah. Havent seen it this active in awhile! Good job guys!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Anyone want to come by Dysart and Thunderbird on Friday to help me pull my motor and trans? I will buy the beers. Thanks for any response

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I would have seen the post prior to now, I would have offered to help. Did you get it yanked out yet? if so, how was it?

101 - 120 of 150 Posts