TCCoA Forums banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Yup, still around. Still have a wrecked 97 Cougar, an 89 that is disassembled (got the heads on, then broke nearly every plastic vacuum line/connector/clip/etc), a 97 Mark VIII with a dented door but is my daily driver.

Not very active here as most of what I do with my Mark VIII is foreign to the MN12 crowd and need more specific help or details from FN10 owners. The Mark VIII sites are dying as well, Facebook is more active but I don't like the format for car stuff (for a car that hasn't been made for 18 years).

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm still upp and kicking. My 97 cougie just clocked over 150k miles , I purchased her with 100 just barely. I just got her tinted a few days ago because I'm delicate and I can NOT deal with these phoenix temps. I put the best tint possible (in my opinion ) suntek carbon xp. Nanotechnology blockin everything from UV too infrared. I'm happy with it, feels almost like I'm sitting in the shade.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I went with 15 percent which I believe is actually 18 give our take. And seriously made such a difference it was incredible. My air conditioning actually cooled down the car. I honestly thought it was legal here but then i sadly found out it wasn't. I plan on posting pictures once it's looking good.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)
I'm still technically not dead (and in Tempe), but am about to dispose of my 2 MN12s. I'm still up for hangin' out if that ever happens again. the MN12/FN10 isn't getting any younger.

edit: I guess I'm not dead by any definition... technical or otherwise.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I'm still technically not dead (and in Tempe), but am about to dispose of my 2 MN12s. I'm still up for hangin' out if that ever happens again. the MN12/FN10 isn't getting any younger.

edit: I guess I'm not dead by any definition... technical or otherwise.
Not to be a vulture, but your selling the cars outright or are in a situation you can or will part them out?

I need a second car, I either need to get my 89 back on the road (misc broken plastic pieces from doing head gaskets) or another beater. I am driving way to often between Tucson and Tempe (daughter goes to ASU) with the Mark VIII, and rarely can work on it since my weekends are driving, weekdays are working, so I don't get much time to work on improving it when I can barely keep up with maintenance.

Turning 295,000 miles on my "newest" car and probably getting myself into a pickle where they are all just going to stop working all at once.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
no shame in being a vulture

'94 is being sold as is (down in bisbee currently, both are actually). It's around 230K on the clock. Motor has a bit less, tranny has a bit less than that. Will need tires and other front end bits. I wouldn't call it "reliable" currently.

'92 is being sold with no motor, tranny or interior (straight body - irs has MK8 Al LCAs, MK8 Al diff case with trutrak carrier. 4.5" bolt pattern all around). I have the Cobra manifold and TB in my garage in Tempe, some misc manual swap parts (2 consoles, swing pedal assembly). Dad and I keep talking about how it would make a great shell for a race car of one kind or another... then we shake our heads when we remember we have too many other projects as it is.

I don't want to turn this into a 4sale thread, but PM me if you're after anything specific.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts