TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a green 92 cougar and everyone here knows that that means the paint has died and frosted over. I had an interesting talk with the owner of the paint shop. I asked him if there was anything I could do to get ready before the paint-job and he said" don't use any armor-all." He said something about silicates or something and said it will ruin fresh paint.

I thought you guys who are painting your interiors should know (or maybe you already do).
Perch

·
Registered
708 Posts
hell yeah. thats rule number one if youre "getting ready" for a paintjob. armorall, tire dressings, all that crap. lotsa silicone in that stuff. cant use any of it. it causes fisheyes in the paint. huge, nasty ones. a real good painter can fix them on-the-fly(ahem..cough), but not all painters can. if he gets fisheyes in the base, and clears over them, its there forever. but realisticly, its the shops duty to get it right.

that tire wet gets all over the rockers, quarters. the armorall ends up all over the door/trunk/hood from the drivers hands. paint does not stick to that stuff. for the seals, get a good quality non-silicone dressing if you ever want to paint your jambs. myself, i dont use any of it. but thats cause I expect to paint the car again in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts