TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I debated between an art carr tranny and one from DennisR. Low and behold they are one and the same. Art uses specalty parts from Dennis when he builds his street/strip trannies. Allen from Art carr called and asked for my VIN number. I am not really sure why. Anyway they say I will take 1-2 weeks and I hve to pick it up at a frieght station.

P.S. How long should a tranny take if I have a lift and shop tools at my disposal? Mind you I have never done a tranny before!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Well, When I swapped my transmission, It took my father and I about 4 hours to drop the transmisison (the second time), replace the rear main seal (the second time), and put the transmission back in.

BTW, I didn't have a lift. I had the car securely up on four ramps (facing opposite directions), jacked the car up higher to roll the transmission out, and lowered it back down on the ramps.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Some say that Art-Carr is the best and have been for many years. They specialize in racing transmissions. I had Art-Carr build my transmission to the Jerry article with their own additions back when the ink was still wet on the article.

One time my cooler hose broke and I drove it out of fluid. I replaced the hose with metal, refilled it and there were no problems.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Thanks for the info. Due to my low reading understanding when it comes to mechanical writing, I didn't understand why it was so good to get a tranny from them. Thanks Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts