TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So awhile ago i met a guy that had the ART exhaust on his car and from what i remember i really liked the way it sounded.I'm pretty sure ART went under but i was wondering if anyone had any pictures or could explian what the set up was that they used,like pipe size,mufflers and x or h pipe.

Thanks yo

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I don't know if ART went under or not but his systems were built by Miami Muffler. I know because when I bought mine I went there and watched it being made and had them install it. They should still have the jigs.

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
www.trubendz.com had a kit too that I was running on my 96. I have videos up on Youtube.com

You can contact them....they might still have access to the kits too.

I believe they were made at the same place listed above.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have the ART exhaust on my car. It bolts to the stock manifolds (or JBA headers) and you could get it with or without high flow cats. The ART is all 2.5in mandrel bent. You also had your choice of aluminized piping or stainless steel piping. The system used an X-pipe right around where the 3rd cat would be. It used rear mounted mufflers (like stock). On my car I had JBA Headers, no cats, and I had Dynomax chambered mufflers out back. This sounded pretty good but i wanted something louder/more agressive so I had the X-pipe removed and put in a mid mount magnaflow tru-x muffler, and removed the rear mufflers and replaced them with some long chrome exhaust tips. I think it sounds pretty good, but some argue with me that it might be a little too loud. Hope this helps.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
too much pipe will kill your power.. what kind of setup do you have, or what kind of setup WILL you have with the new exhaust system?

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
if you find out if you can get them let me know cuz I'd be happy to finally be able to get my exhaust. I want to put my borlas on.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think ive got enough to justify 2.5 in maybe.Explorer engine mustang gt airbox and tube frpp 70mm t/b 75mm c&l plenum Vt stage 1's jba headers,373's,underdrives.a few other things but none that would really matter i dont think.

i just want it to sound loud,badass,but not raspy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the ART Dual 2.5" x-pipe with flowmasters, stock except for a k&N panel filter. Car sounded great and still had decent power.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
well here in WA everyone is scared... I can't find anyone to remove the 3rd cat. I just need downpipes to high flows with H pipe and then borlas at the back with some tips

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
cut them off yourself, and drive to exhaust shop and say what you want. some places wont remove them but if nothing is there then they wont be scared to do so. but id go to a mom/pop shop and talk to them in person and say wha if you removed them yourself if they could do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts