1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
92 Posts
As far as sound goes I don't care what planet you live on nothing beats the symphony that you hear when you slap a set of Webbers on .. that is from a drivers aspect ..

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound is actually the most overhyped aspect to me, crossplane V8s were never lacking in that department. The GT350 sounds like an angry Subaru.
Interesting. I'll have to listen again. I like the sound of the GT350 but subarus, angry or not, sound like angry goats to me.

That being said, my next car for the wife will likely be a Subaru wagon.

·
Super Moderator
17,043 Posts
It's hard to describe without me making sound effects, but the "tone" is pretty typical V8, just with treble turned up a few notches, it's the burble and goat like delivery that's very Subaruish. It's not a bad thing, it's just way less exotic sounding than I expected(Ferrari V8) I still think SN95 4V Cobras sound best of the Mustang noise heirchy, GT350 is second, booting 5.0 H.0. Foxbodies to third.

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
It's hard to describe without me making sound effects, but the "tone" is pretty typical V8, just with treble turned up a few notches, it's the burble and goat like delivery that's very Subaruish. It's not a bad thing, it's just way less exotic sounding than I expected(Ferrari V8) I still think SN95 4V Cobras sound best of the Mustang noise heirchy, GT350 is second, booting 5.0 H.0. Foxbodies to third.
High compression 347 Windsor sounds pretty cool too.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Its simple why market the Crank, its easier for people to see that than valve train geometry and cam profiles and why .001" matters let alone .0001".

Like how he states Cross plane makes more power and cites a Pro Stock car which measures life in minutes not years. While taking about harmonics why not mention king of the hill I-6.

IMO its just a continuation of the Ford-Ferrari feud. Ford once again saying anything you can do we can do better and cheaper.

Cross plane engines in racing has has more to do with rules than performance (NASCAR just recently using fuel injection and still useing 350CID engines. On "Stock" cars?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts