TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a factory assembly manual available for MN12's. Not a shop manual but something that shows the step by step process the assembly plant used to build our cars from scratch. I'd need one for 1992 Thunderbirds.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
in a way... think of a manual with every spec and and every part has a page and someone chucked that out the window on a very windy day. kinda like that. you gotta go to every factory back then when they were building her

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyways guys.

Unrelated, I downloaded a 3.0L Duratec V6 factory engine assembly manual from one of the Focus forums. Got me thinking that there obviously was something available for the assembly of the rest of the car and other vehicles. Finding them is another matter. Must have been really windy that day!

Any of our members worked at Lorain back in the day?

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
The MN12 (starting in 88, maybe?) would have been designed on unix based workstations, with proprietary files no one else would know how to read. Unless they are completely insane, they have backups of this data still.

IMHO, selling the files converted to solidworks with limited reproduction rights would be a way to get back out of bad financial times...and keep competitors from being able to outdo them with their own product.

Hell, we know they won't be building any more MN12s! Give us the right to be able to walk into a sheet metal shop, give them the drawings and a copy of my repro rights, and have them stamp a number of floor pan parts, for my own use. (club rates, maybe?)

You can get a poster company to print a copy of a Hubble image for you, since there is a license on their pages which allows this; as taxpayers, we already paid for those pics.

I'm suggesting something similar for cars...

I guess it devolves to the same argument as the record companies use; one sale of the old rights is a sale lost from new cars... even if they don't make new cars we want.

Anyone know who to talk to at Ford? :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
FYI,
there is no such manual! but if you want to try to contact ford about sheet metal repro's, they do them once a year for obsolete models including all sheet metal panels. the mn12 was stamped at Walton Hills Stamping located south of Cleveland. You might get some help from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts