TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested in knowing how a vortech would look on our 3.8's heres a picture. enjoy!!!

Marvin M.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Sweet, thats what Mine will look like in the spring, I've Only found 1 MN-12 with a Vortech SC'd 3.8L now and soon there will be 2 :)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Mine WILL be Intercooled (I'm building a Custom Front Mount intercooler) , also I'm going to be running my Stock bottom end with it, 8psi of boost is nothing for a 3.8L N/A IF it doesn't start making boost till 2500rpm. there are SEVERAL 3.8L mustangs with the 8psi Kit that have logged MORE THAN 50,000 miles with out any problems, EVEN stock Headgaskets!. the SECRET is in the TUNE, fordchip.com.

with all My other Goodies I SHOULD be over 240rwhp and 270rwtq! and Run into the 13 second range!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking

of waiting for my 3.8 to blow another h/g, then getting me a 4.2 short block, putting all my 3.8 stuff onto the 4.2 short block, and then getting me a vortech, good idea or not. I think its a good idea b/c i can reuse my same 3.8 computer, and i dont have to buy me a bigger hood so i can fit the 4.2 intake.

Marvin M.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Would be a nice combo, Marvin, but how much would all of that cost compared to a warmed over 302 swap.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
this stoner kid who used to go to my school has a 94 with a vortec... but he just slapped it on there, nothing else done to the motor. he isnt the brightest kid i know either, but thats another 3.8 bird with a vortec to put on the list. -greg

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quik96 said:
you should trade him some weed for his vortech :D

Be a good time to make the offer too....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That particular pic is a Mustang (in case some of you didn't notice) and has a custom intercooler setup. Next year some time I am hoping to install an intercooled Pro-Charger setup... Problem is the piping for the kit is designed for a Mustang-- not T-Bird. Maybe if I pay ATI/Procharger a visit, they'll help me out... (wishful thinking). I'll most likely just end-up buying a bunch of U-bends and welding it up myself.

I can't wait to see Rancher's final product. I may just have to sell my RX-7 so I can remain competitive with him. :(

PJ

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup got that pic from v6power.net

its a 96 mustang i believe with port and polished heads and some other stuff i really didnt pay to much attention except to the supercharger.

Marvin M.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
ya know I never payed attention to the engine bay just the engine itself, upon further inspection it's certainly a 'Stang.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts