TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine has been at the machine shop for two weeks and now they are telling me that my block is twisted. It's the '94 romeo block. I know if I go to 96+, I'll have to switch front covers. My question is, what blocks can I use that will be stronger/lighter than the one I have? I want a block that will bolt straight in with my motor mounts, will accept a set of '97 SOHC heads, and work with all of my '94 accessories. Please give me some more info on this. I'm really thinking about a '94-5 Mark VIII block since it would be a little lighter and I'm assuming it will be stronger. Anyway, shoot me some ideas, I'm going block hunting in the next day or two. Thanks
-Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well to answere your question i believe you best bet would probably be either the 02 explorer engine or the 99+ Mustang Gt engine . The mark 8 and the cobra are both dohc engines and i dont believe that the 97 SOHC heads will fit on them or there would be now benefit in using them but a decrease. But i would use the heads from the 99+ heads from the mustang. Ultimate setup would be the Mark 8 setup if you had a lot of other mn12 4.6 mods pulleys, intake, headers,etc.

You could sell all of those and just be damn happy with the Cobra engine and then beef that up with the money that you get from selling those mn12 mods on this forum:D to me for cheap. you would probably get some kick *** e/t times with it. But im pretty sure that there is some slight modification to get it to sit in the Engine bay

Official hijacking Question.

What in gods name is IMHO or IMO?

Mike

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
DjKlown said:
...and i dont believe that the 97 SOHC heads will fit on them or there would be now benefit in using them but a decrease
Wrong, and I would think a lighter block would be a benefit.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so let me double check. A '94-5 mark block will: accept my motor mounts? accpet my '94 crank? my '97 heads? my '94 front cover? my tranny and starter?

Also, does it have the crossbolted rear main? Thats what I was really going for. I cant believe they say that the block is twisted :(. It's twisted so bad they can't bore it and it wont straighten out withthe main caps in it. Anyway let me know something for sure guys...I'm trying to save money and maybe get a better block at the same time. THanks
-Rob

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Ok, so let me double check. A '94-5 mark block will: accept my motor mounts? accpet my '94 crank? my '97 heads? my '94 front cover? my tranny and starter?
Yes,yes,yes,yes,yes.
You will need to drill one hole in the driver's side deck for a water coolant passage if it's not there(some blocks had it..some didn't).
'93-'98 Aluminum blocks from a Mark or a Cobra will work-they are the same.
JL

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alrighty. Got a good deal on a '97 Romeo engine from the heads to the oilpan. Thanks for you help guys. Couldn't find a Mark block :(. I believe the front covers are different between my '94 and this '97 so I'm assuming the '94 gasket will not work, is this correct? The NPI (F5AE) heads will be going up for sale when I take them off tonight since I already have a set. Thanks again!
-Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts