TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First....i've done some searching but didn't find exactly what i was looking for.

About a week ago my red "check guages" light came on. All of the guages read fine so i give the guage cluster a little tap....and the light goes off. It would do this most every time i start the car....and i'd tap it and it goes off.
Now...the other day the red "check guages" light comes on so i tap the dash again. All of the sudden the red light goes off, the gas guage goes way past full, and the "low fuel" light is on all at the same time..
What happened? From my searching i'm thinking it's some kind of "anti-slosh module" gone bad? Is there anything else in the dash that could have caused this? Do I need a whole new guage? I really know nothing about this stuff....hell, I haven't even taken apart my dash...yet.:D
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Even though nobody replied i'd still like to give an update on what was wrong for anyone with the same problem that uses the "search" in the future.:D

When i removed the cluster the anti slosh module fell out....it must have worked it's way loose. After 10 years of crappy roads it can happen....and it did...to me. I put it back in and put things back together and all is fine...yay!!

The anti slosh module is located on the side of the cluster (behind the oil guage). There's a little slot it slides into.

The cluster was very easy to remove and fix. Now i gotta get some cool guage faces and brighter bulbs and all that good stuff...:D
Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts