TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering the system in 2 days for my 94 4.6. Anyway, I am confused on what muffler to get from him...Dynomax, flomaster, etc. On my 95 4.6, I have true duals (Custom setup) with flomaster delta flows...I want something a little louder then that, and of course performance gains. I tried greenbirds links to muffler performance, and they are no longer valid...Anyway, what would YOU buy if you were in my shoes?!? Oh yeah, and if you want to hear something horrible...Shipping is $200.00 to get the system to my house!!! DAMN I love living on an island in the middle of BFE!!!!! thx for your time!

Shane

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you want it loud your probably going to have to go with Flowmasters. The Dynomax flow better but are not too loud. I went with superturbos on my Art system and love them. It sounds good but it's not too loud.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Trubendz was no longer allowed to sell it, however that may have changed again!

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I emailed trubendz before I had my exhaust done, and they said they weren't making them anymore. Too bad, it looked like a good quality system, and the price wasn't bad at all.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I talked to trubendz...they no longer make it...I talked to them before I talked to ART....Being on my location, my options are limited...no local shop will do it! Oh well! I appreciate all of yer inputs...Still can't decide....waiting on someone who has heard a difference b/t the flomasters and other companies systems!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
go with the flowmaster 40's non-delta series. thats what i got with my kit, and I have no cats either.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
As far as I know TruBendz and A.R.T. both had the exhaust made in the same building, on the same machine, somehow. A.R.T. objected to this, understandably. So A.R.T. lowered their price on the exhaust and TruBendz stopped selling it. So we won anyway. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey Shane!!
ART & Trubendz ARE/WERE the same systems! With either, you'll notice a drop off in low-end response unless you got other flow & fueling mods in place...but it's tolerable. I compensated w/3.73s and couldn't be happier 'til the other stuff falls in place.
I've got the TruBendz freeflow cats and X-pipe with locally constructed cat-back duals ending with Flowmaster 40s (not Deltas)and it sounds GREAT! Real V8ish and I've never had the cops looks sideways at me...
But when you step into it....it might buy you a ticket!
Depends on whether or not your local JohnnyLaws have dicks or just ARE dicks (sorry ladies of the forum!)...you know what I mean.
The other drawback is gas mileage...the exhaust note is so nice when you just Squeeeeeeze it on.....well, you'll find out!

DR:cool:

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DR,

I have a richard M intake and am thinking about a 5 speed swap. As far as cops go...I Live in a state with NO emissions, and NO inspections...Thats right, no yearly inspection...Anyway, I hope I like it as m uch as you...After all, It is coming a very looong way to get to me! I have regular cats, might change that once the 5 speed is done...we'll see...anyway, Thanx for the input!!!!

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Here is my ART system.It is on my 92 now.It first started on my 93 Mark VIII, then went on my 96 4.6 and now is finally at its last home, my 92 5.0 5-speed Sport.I dont have those tips on anymore due to the fact I have a SC rear bumper cover.It sounds really exotic with the dual x-pipes and the mufflers.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
green bird,

I know and I appreciate it...decided with the flo's mainly for price...Borlas will be next summer. Cost of shipping killed me...$200 worth. But I agree, Borlas are better...as far as rust though...my 95 has been on the coast and in salty (Snowy) areas for 3 yrs, and my flomasters are as clean as can be...So, we will see how much longer they last ;-)

·
Registered
965 Posts
The sound you hear from a Mustang sound clip, will not be the way it sounds on a 'Bird. Not saying it won't sound good, it just won't sound like a Mustang.

My exhaust guy said "If I could find a way to make every car sound like a Mustang I'd be a millionaire."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts