TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone recommend any interesting attractions one can see in New York city? I'm going for a few days, first time there. Much apprechiated.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
blown96bird said:
42nd street.

Beleieve it or not but most of that has been cleaned up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It depends on what you are into.

There are the regular sights like the Empire State Building, Times Square and Statue of Liberty, etc.

Museums like the Museum of Natural History and Museum of Modern Art.

Thousands of restaraunts, bars, lounges, clubs from neighborhood ones to chains like ESPN Zone and Fridays.

It all depends on what you want to do.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i will be down there as well on the 21st to see a play. i have been before. enjoyed the intrepid battleship myself.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
lots of things to do dont restrict yourself to NYC if you travel out of the city there are things to do as well (and cheaper)

42nd street is now like disney land no more of those "video stores"

PM me I'll be home this weekend not visiting my girlfriend in PA I'll bring stripe out for a visit

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The subways...

Joe

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
93 lx said:
i will be down there as well on the 21st to see a play. i have been before. enjoyed the intrepid battleship myself.
Intrepid is a carrier actually, but the museum is very good. Go see MoMA, the Met, and the Nat. Hist. Museum. My favorite store of all time is the Virgin Records in Times Square, (8th & 42nd, I believe, but NY'ers tell me if I'm wrong).

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
whitecoug said:
The subways...

Joe

PS The subways are crowded (sometimes) but hell for $1.50 to go anywhere in the city or the other 4 boros its not going to happen any other way plus if you get a metrocard you get discounted and free rides

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
pnyklr said:
Obviously youre stuck somewhere and youve never been out of your town?

Dont knock it unless you've been here and off the farm :tongue:
Nope. I used to live in that $h!thole (for 23 years) and got the h377 out.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Cougar281 said:
Nope. I used to live in that $h!thole (for 23 years) and got the h377 out.

Sorry to hear it I'm sure you have all the same night life and excitement and things to do in o'phallic as you could have in NYC

·
Registered
460 Posts
Planing to go see "Wicked" my self in April.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts