TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys seriously, I need Help, as i reported earlier I have A Loud Bad *** system that sounds excellent, however a couple months ago I began to experience a rattle on the rear driver side quarter panel. It sounds bad. When the music is up, you can see the quarter panel being pushed outward (blown outward) Every time the bass hits.

I've already lined the whole trunk with Dynamax, including the trunk lid, and i carpeted the trunk lid as well. I even used dynashield spray in those hard to reach crevises of that quarter panel. But it still rattles

This system is no joke, and it sounds excellent when it doesn't rattle.
To top it off, now there is this kid that drives a mustang (99 i think) who thinks he's bad ***, and everytime he rolls by he pumps up his system. However, I know damn well My system will make him cry once I get this rattle fixed.

Please Guys any ideas? I don't want this mustang guy thinking he's big sh??t
I really need to fix this rattle, not just cause of the stang, but for me mostly.

All help is gretaly appreciated

If you would like to know what kind of system I have, just ask

Thanks
BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
54 Posts
what kinda system ya got? I'm no audio expert, so i can't help u alot. is the rattle being caused by the door speakers, or the subs? Is there any chance it could be a busted door speaker? The only time i ever heard a rattle comin from the doors is when i had a blown factory speaker. Sorry i cant be much help

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's the rear Quarter panel...

It's the rear driver side quarter panel that is rattling from the subs....the door speakers are fine, and the doors don't rattle.

Here's what I'm running

2-12" Rockford Fosgate 400w rms
4-3 way pioneers inside the car
1 kenwood 300w 4 channel amp powering the interior speakers
1 rockford fosgate 2 channel 800w rms amp powering the subs
1 Kenwwod Head Unit with tape (not sure of model #)
1 Kenwood Head Unit with CD ( this goes along with the tape player it's a double head unit).

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
try some of that foam in a can stuff they sell at housing stores. i cant remember exactly what its called, expand-a-foam or something. spray that all in the quarter if you really want to and let it set for a couple hours. i used it on my trunklid a while back and it worked suprisingly well.

it comes with a long tube that should allow you to get inside the panel easily enough

·
Registered
75 Posts
J-Rob said:
try some of that foam in a can stuff they sell at housing stores. i cant remember exactly what its called, expand-a-foam or something. spray that all in the quarter if you really want to and let it set for a couple hours. i used it on my trunklid a while back and it worked suprisingly well.

it comes with a long tube that should allow you to get inside the panel easily enough
I'd take it to a body shop and ask for a estimate, that way you'll let them tell you what wrong with out having to pay for it (most are free).

If you don't want to do that I would go and try to tighten anything I chould then try to use that foam. When you get a large system rattles are a *****. Was your car ever in a wreck? It may be possable that the panel isn't on correcty or be somehow got off alinement.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually...

somebody backed into that panel about a year ago, but they dented the very rear of that panel, the rattle is coming from right above the wheel well slightly to the right (when i put my hand on it, the rattle goes away).

However, i don't remember the rattle being there until 2 months ago.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think that's your answer. I might try contacting the shop that did the work, if there a repuatable place they my cut a good deal on re-alining it. Unless your good with body work, I'd give em a call and at least see if they seem helpful.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3.8 Special

3.8, J Rob and everybody else who helped I want to thank you.

I went to the body shop today, turns out the panel was fine, but it was not fully welded to the rest of the body of the car...Under the wheel well, if you put your hand under there you will see that the well and the panel are welded together, but mine was only half welded and the bass was making the 2 metals vibrate against each other. so i figured we would weld it....but the guy said if we weld it we will half to repaint the panel (is this true?) cause it will burn the paint......So he drilled a few wholes in the panel right under the wheel well ( you can't see it)...then he put rivots in there to hold the metal together....He also wanted to put some undercoating under there and on the inside of the panel, but he ran out of it, so next time i pass by, He'll put some undercoating there.........I can't believe I missed that wheel well thing.

Anyway the rattle is gone....and Now I'll show that kid with the Mustang who's King in this town...I've always been king and will always be king.

thanks guys...I really appreciate it.
Beirutsfinest

1 - 10 of 10 Posts