TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, due to a lack of responses, I have decided to make a new thread, hoping to catch more eyes.

Who: 97qwikcat
Where: address is 8240 Appleton Dearborn Height's 48127
Why: J-Mod and BBQ
When: August 7th, Noon

Hamburgers and Hotdogs are taken
I have chosen to bring drinks
we need chips/napkins etc. to be handled

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
hey brian, for the j-mod, do you need to borrow a inch pound torque wrench, i caved in a bought one last week.?

but on another note, i should be able to make it

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I should be able to make it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red96Bird said:
hey brian, for the j-mod, do you need to borrow a inch pound torque wrench, i caved in a bought one last week.?

but on another note, i should be able to make it

Patrick, well, if you could make it- then bring it. I don't know what tools we have at 97qwikcat's....... if not, i'll bug my Dad to find one, or I can buy one if needed. I still haven't received those Drill Bits? Have you talked to thunderchicken?
Or does anyone else have them?!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
As far as tool's I have 2 boxes and my dad has about 4 completely full. We have alot of tool's my dad use to work in the tool crib at Ford. What do you need a 1 inch torque wrench? I can double check but I don't think I have one. I have a 1/4in and 3/8 torque wrench but I can get a hold of one from a mechanic that I work with. and what type of drill bit's you need?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Need one that reads inch pounds.

What level of the j-mod are you looking for, I might be able to get my drill bits from my dad. Only work if you're a real man though :D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Ok I just looked I have a torque wrench that reads from 40 to 200 in lb. Are these special drill bits you need if not I have them also.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I honestly have no idea what special drill bits I need. Patrick (96red) should be able to chime in. I was supposed to have them mailed in.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
yes, i talked to chris today about the bits, he still has them, he told me he talked to you but you never sent him an adress to mail them to, so i guess try reaching him again and maybe he can help you out.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
What's so special about the drill bit's?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
They are weird sizes like .100, .160, .180, .238, etc. There is only one for the third level setting on a 94 car that is a "normal' size (.125 = 1/8")

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
ok so im counting 4 including myself from the site coming.

ok I got atleast 1 guy with a supercoupe coming from my work. There might be another hes gotta fix his clutch. Also a cuzin with a bird might come.

Oh yeah I forgot I may even have te drill bit's.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good, let's just hope it's a better turnout than last time!
haha

Oh, also, do you guys know how to remove the air silencer? Could we do that to my car while we have it up?
DO I need anything for that?

Thanks!

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
i would come too but my car will be at DUB show that day
:eek:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
All you need to take out the air silencer is a couple of sockets and a ratchet handle. I don't remember the sizes, but they're not uncommon. Oh, you'll also need a lug wrench to take off the wheel.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Its easier with the wheel off but you can do it with it on.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
ok so anybody else thinking about coming?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thinking about it, Not sure yet.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'll be at this one to help out, I can bring another in-lb. torque wrench if its needed, but I don't have another set of drill bits anymore--I broke a few of them on other projects. If everything goes well, I'll have a transmission to J-mod at this shindig, too.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Alrgiht that's cool I'm going to clean out the garage this week so there's a litlle bit more room.
Hey if we finish doing the j-mod's early we could work on my car but my car is going to be a little bit more involved.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts