Registered
208 Posts
[/IMG]

I see some pics from a Austin friends it look like close lake Travis

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yesterday there was a real big one that I could see from my balconey...I took a drive out that way to make sure I wasn't in the path...it was probably ten miles away, but had the wind changed directions it could have been bad.

Another one a few weeks ago that was near my mom & dad's place...same kinda deal as yesterday's fire. Today's fire isn't that close, but still scary. Everything is just so incredibly dry here right now. keeping my fingers crossed for everybody. Hopefully we get rain soon. On the plus side it is cooling down, today was very nice, as far as temps go, not that it helps the fire conditions.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Saturday I was driving to cedar creek to visit my uncle and I see in the 290 the police and the firefighters in the other side of the road tryng to control a small fire but I didn't think it was this bad in Austin area.

·
Super Moderator
5,006 Posts
I'm in Longview today. There is haze everywhere from half a dozen small fires in the area.
I'm supposed to head to Nacogdoches in a few days - there's a part for one PC that was in Kearney NJ on the 4th, headed towards the EU (the same part for another has been there since 22 August ... )

RwP

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Magnolia got it bad yesterday.....my boss' had to be evacuated at 9 last night.

They just were able to get back to their house...luckily, nothing was damaged.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks scary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts