TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm sure theres a perfectly good reason for this other then the Obsession with the fagstang. Why can ford build and produce awesome sportscars and export them to australlia. I mean a six speeds for god sakes. a Turbo V6, and they didnt even forget the ricers, they built an all-wheel drive turbo focus. Is it emissions or am i just completly missing something?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
tOMred95 said:
Ok I'm sure theres a perfectly good reason for this other then the Obsession with the fagstang. Why can ford build and produce awesome sportscars and export them to australlia. I mean a six speeds for god sakes. a Turbo V6, and they didnt even forget the ricers, they built an all-wheel drive turbo focus. Is it emissions or am i just completly missing something?

because they arent built and exported to australia, the FPV branch is domestic market for them.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But I know for a fact that there are vehicles produced here that are exported to austraila. I.E. the explorer out of the Hazelwood Explorer Plant soon to be shut down

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
tOMred95 said:
But I know for a fact that there are vehicles produced here that are exported to austraila. I.E. the explorer out of the Hazelwood Explorer Plant soon to be shut down
And you can get an Explorer here in the good ol' U.S. of A if you so desire...the Falcon is built down under.

EDIT: oops...it's the GT-P now...tranny options are the T-56 and a ZF Auto 6 with sequential shift...very cool...also a nav system available.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
tOMred95 said:

there is a difference between exported or made for export vehicles and vehicles made specifically for a market. like the FPV in the australian domestic market.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Ricerbird said:
isnt a gtp a pontiac or what am i missing here :confused:

have you bothered to read anything above? He didnt say GTP, he said GT-P....as in Ford.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
...here's a GTP

I think it's obvious which one you'd rather have...

Also, you could import one, but the right-hand drive would get annoying when you hit the McDonalds drive thru.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
FastBird232 said:
.......Also, you could import one, but the right-hand drive would get annoying when you hit the McDonalds drive thru.
Small sacrifice for such a great car. I rarely use the drive through anyway (Refer to Joe Pesci in "Lethal Weapon")

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Traveler said:
(Refer to Joe Pesci in "Lethal Weapon")
They know you gonna be miles and miles away before you know you got . . .
Good movie :D

the GT-P is an awesome car. If I looked up the conversions right, that 5.4 DOHC is somewhere around 390-ish horsepower and 380-ish ft-lbs of torque. Not too shabby out of something that looks like a family sedan and has the engine out of a navigator. Downside, it costs around $50k+ You'd probably be looking at 80k+ to get one to the states (not to mention the headaches of importing it).

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Fastbird232, is that a pic of your car or a generic pic of a GTP?

I always kinda liked the GTP's of that style.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
Downside, it costs around $50k+
This is the main point people seem to over look. I don't think you would find many people willing to fork that kind of money over for a hopped up Falcon. Especially when for around $40K, you'll be able to hop into a supercharged 5.4 4V Cobra.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Cool Dude said:
Yup, and those cars will never get here nor will those types of cars be produced here because Ford has it's di*k so far up the Mustangs @$$. The next car I buy, probably will not be a Ford.
Yeah! And emissions laws have nothing to do with it either! Yeah!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Fords gonna have to offer something like that. They have nothing to compete with the Grand Prix or the Charger. Whats that new one the Fusion? Ya, that car just screams excitement.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ya that damn fusion looks like a fukin cadillac. i thought it was a commercial for a cadillac till they showed the ford emblem. anf the ford gt-p looks juuuust like the new gto if you ask me. dont get me wrong id still drive it. but they look really close

1 - 20 of 54 Posts