TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to find an auto dimming rear view mirror that runs on batteries. anybody ever seen one? i don't feel like running the wiring for the stock one. don't want to open up my headliner.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
you don't have to remove the headliner but it helps especially if your planning on tapping into moon roof switched power, but instead you could run longer wires down the inside of the drivers or passenger side pillar and tap into any switched 12 volt soarce. than just tuck the wires into the headliner seam. Its been done before.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so... no battery powered mirrors?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Thanks for the link Ink :thumbsup:

Let me add got this back from the company on the life of the battery

Dear Darren,
The AVG Battery lifetime is 3 year, but if you expose the mirror to low temperatures it can be reduce to less then a year

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i would love some side mirrors as well with the auto dim. i'm sure most of you back east have had this problem you get these guys that think hids are the coolest and they get the most intense ones they can and ride your ass. it blinds the crap out of me all the time

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those are exactly what i was looking for but at that price tag i think i'll just get a stock one and wire in. looks awesome though. a colored mirror would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
the stock auto dim is super easy to wire. and you need not pull the headliner. just tuck the wires under it, and under the A pillar trim. tap into the switched radio power and dimmer wires and BAM.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Thanks for the link Ink :thumbsup:

Let me add got this back from the company on the life of the battery

Dear Darren,
The AVG Battery lifetime is 3 year, but if you expose the mirror to low temperatures it can be reduce to less then a year
what, they don't expect anyone to drive in the cold?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts