TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my Cougar but one thing I miss from my last DD is auto-down power window. is there a compatable switch panel I can swap in or am I just SOL on having that?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, not worrying about a PnP install... just want a set of switches that actually look like my original switches.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i thought you would need a switch from a car that already had it, becuase cars with the auto down window have a switch that clicks down past just pushing it down to open it........and our stock switches dont click down any further.

so with that being said, how could you use your existing switch and have the window know what you wanna do?? for instance opening just a little, or auto roll down.

youd have to replace the switch wouldnt u?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I'd guess so, I mean it's gotta be two contacts since you can push the button down to a certain point to crack the window and further to get it to trigger the auto-down.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
AlpineBird said:
i thought you would need a switch from a car that already had it, becuase cars with the auto down window have a switch that clicks down past just pushing it down to open it........and our stock switches dont click down any further.
so with that being said, how could you use your existing switch and have the window know what you wanna do?? for instance opening just a little, or auto roll down.
youd have to replace the switch wouldnt u?
Actually no. The auto down function is triggered by the duration that the switch contact is closed, not by a separate set of switch contacts.
Any existing window switch will be just fine.

·
Registered
348 Posts
so someone wanna do a tech sheet/article on it? ive thought the same thing about my fox bird ... and would it be adaptable to the moon roof? it takes a good 10 seconds to open my roof, if i could hit it for a fraction of the time, and it opens all the way, id be thrilled

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, when I get the module and do all necessary wiring and the install I'll have my camera with me so I could probably do a pretty good DIY on it.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
most switches that ive seen both on my moms windstar, my dads mustng, and my friends mustang all have the two click thing (one to open desired amount and pushing harder to make it auto down). Oh and my moms 98 windsar looks about the same as the thunderbird.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I'm sure you could do it, it'd just be a matter of deciphering the wiring on the moonroof & auto module. I don't have either, so I couldn't really give any specifics

·
Registered
348 Posts
im not sure, but the fact that u say your buddy has one on his 97 makes this a bit of a worth-while endeavor ... i'll take pictures and post em up if i ever decide to do it ... and as far as deciphering the wiring diagrams for the 88, im sure it should be no problem ... i may even convince my Professor to met me do this in class next month ... taking Electrical 2, which is all about modules and stuff

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
tbirdbrain said:
The auto down function is triggered by the duration that the switch contact is closed, not by a separate set of switch contacts.
Any existing window switch will be just fine.
That's not true on the Mark VIII's - it's definitely a second position. I thoroughly tested this, and it's position dependent, not time dependent.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tbirdbrain said:
Here is a link for Pony Performance. They sell a one touch kit for $27. No switch changes needed.
http://www.ponyperformance.com/specials2.html
I forgot about posting this question.... thx for the link, I'm picking up two to play with, one for my driver's side and one for my passenger side.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts