TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what is needed to turn the regular power windows into auto down/up windows? I'm sure it's more than just the button ... perhaps the motor/button combo?

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
This might work.....

I talked to a guy a month or two about this and this is what he told me I needed,it is called DEI 530T.I paid like 70 for it and it is supposed to work in conjunction with your alarm.The dealer I got it from said it wouldnt work but the guy on here said it would.I am still trying to find time to hook it up.There arent alot of wire to tap into just have to disassamble alot to get to the wires.I havent hooked it up yet,I might have to do that this week-end to see if it works.That is if I can find the time.
Hope this helped.Any quality stereo shop should have this part on hand and might even be more help then I was.
Good Luck,
Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just told my dad last night that I wanted the auto down function, and he told be to go look for a Taurus Auto Down Module that we had in our basement, so I did, and I put it in today, so now I have auto down on my drivers window, passengers is next.

The Part # is F2DB-14B118-AB , and I found instructions on how to wire it at Wiring Instructions the only thing that is differnt is the color of the hot wire, and the and the wire that contacts the down position on the switch. I'll write up new instructions tomarrow for use with our cars, at least the '93's.

Pete

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I fail to see the usefulness of this since the windows go from open to closed in 2.5 seconds. On a car with slow moving windows (like a taurus) I could see, but not with out big @ss window motors.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
probably because they

A) want to

B) Might have a slower motor (older car)

C) think it looks cool

Why does anything have to be perfectly logical? What are you? some kind of Vulcan or something!?

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Reasons why.....

GreenBird said:
I fail to see the usefulness of this since the windows go from open to closed in 2.5 seconds. On a car with slow moving windows (like a taurus) I could see, but not with out big @ss window motors.
You pull up to an ATM,digging for wallet,now you have to hold a button down to slide your card in.People behind you get up set.
If you ever had a car that had automatic windows you would understand.My Mark VIII had them and it was great just to touch the button and know your window was going down,True it might only take a second or two but it is just so much simplier to touch the button once and then carry on with what you was doing,true?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
610 Posts
Re: Re: Reasons why.....

You could also probably use the module out of the same year Mark. I just looked at my 95 Ford manual and the colors for the wires were the same... Just another option instead of the Taurus piece.

Jim Long

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
JoelBender said:
probably because they

A) want to

B) Might have a slower motor (older car)

C) think it looks cool

Why does anything have to be perfectly logical? What are you? some kind of Vulcan or something!?
you forgot

D) Lazy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts