TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Does this include the sensor in the dash? I have the controls and the harness attached to it with a about a foot of the wire still with it. Its has some little black box too. Do I have the auto climate control? I have the digi read out of temps where you have the hotter or colder buttons and the outside temp button. What parts do I need and what parts are junk? This would be an excellent write up for an article if someone could do it. I have the switch and harnesses and Id like to install it sometime but no one has yet to clearly illustrate what needs to be used/discarded and the extra wires and so forth. Im not the smartest guy in the world but I cant be the only one with a switch and no clue how to put it in properly. thanks for any help.

·
3,868 Posts
So is just a matter of snapping it in the harness? No way could it be that easy lol.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,245 Posts
heh, i thought the same thing when i figured this out.

my car was originally standard climate control with autolamps and i wanted to adapt auto climate control, plus i needed a new dash because of the damage on mine. when i went to pull a new dash for it at the yard the only one i could find had auto climate control but no autolamps, so i got it anyway. when i got it home and started the swap i looked at my stock dash harness with autolamps and compared it to the new one i noticed every wire was there on the switch connector and the relay was there too. so once i got it into my car i used my old autolamp switches and it all worked:D

·
3,868 Posts
Awesome so any car with the auto climate has the hardware for the dimmer just not the same controls omg that so freaken easy why didnt this come out before lol seriously awesome. Now I just need that VMM system lol, maybe that gets scary to install but if I put in a new power plant at the same time then its not so bad. Ok well Im trying to collect the birds bells and whistles one down.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts