TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a 95 SC with a auto in it. But he can get a 90 5-speed out of a SC for free. His trans is acting up anyways so why not. What do you do about the extra wiring from the auto trans? My uncle told me that he has to put a whole new harness in it. Is this true because I never read anything about that. Or do you guys have a good link for this? I would look but i am pressed for time between classes. Thanks.

-Brian

·
Registered
724 Posts
When you get a minute I would do a search. There are a bunch of people that have done this and there is a lot of info about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did the swap on my 35th anny. You will need to get the plug that goes from the 5-speed tranny to the plug that is in the car. Mine was jut to the side of the cd player in the dash. Don't know about the 94-95 model.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stephen,
Did you change out that melted plug wire yet? You could probably get away with it for a few short trips. Was great to hear the blower spool up once you left my drive down the street.......

Cheers,
Calvin

·
Registered
250 Posts
For 94-95 you have to change the computer also, the auto computer won't work properly without a tranny. Don't attempt this unless you have a donor car to otain all the necessary parts from, the tranny alone won't cut it.

Vernon

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah he does have a donor car, but i don't know if he is all up for it still. We'll see. Thanks for the replys.

-Brian

·
Registered
43 Posts
FearThis SC said:
Stephen,
Did you change out that melted plug wire yet? You could probably get away with it for a few short trips. Was great to hear the blower spool up once you left my drive down the street.......

Cheers,
Calvin
No I have not, money has been tight. Hopefully get another set this weekend. Wouldn't want to woop ya with a bad plug wire at HRP...lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
onebad35thsc said:
No I have not, money has been tight. Hopefully get another set this weekend. Wouldn't want to woop ya with a bad plug wire at HRP...lol.
That was actually pretty funny........NOT! I know about being tight on money.....ain't we all in one form or another.

Calvin

·
Registered
15 Posts
All i have to say is good luck finding the 5 speed center console part. It's discontinued from ford and not many people are willing to relinquish theirs. Hope it all works out for u though

·
Registered
43 Posts
brian93sc said:
All i have to say is good luck finding the 5 speed center console part. It's discontinued from ford and not many people are willing to relinquish theirs. Hope it all works out for u though
you can do a search on www.car-part.com. Do a search, then look for the 5-speed ones. I had found a couple from there. They can also do a search for you to. But it would be better if you called them. E-mailing them might take longer.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
expect to pay a pretty penny for that console, i've seen it go for $250!!! and that was just the top part with no boot or anything else

1 - 11 of 11 Posts