TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called and he is going to get us 4 more spots, for a total of 12 spots.

the names I have as of now are:

Joel
Mike
Kevin M.
Alan
John J.
Richard
Brian
Will
Mike
Robert P

2 spots left!

These are all the people that I know of, shout at me if I missed you.

I will find out tommorow night about where we will be parking, I hope we get out in the grass, but it might actually be nicer in the concourse, the fall show tends to get a bit "warm".

Every car gets 1 car pass, and 2 tickets for the show, so if you are going by yourself, let me know, we can use the tickets to help anyone not entering get in free.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If you want to come, but don't want to/can't bring your car in, the prices are $8 per person, and $5 to park.

Bring some extra money with you, as they don't let you bring drinks in if you're walking, and the food and drinks are a bit pricey (note: not as bad as a race) We need to make some plans on what to do on Friday night, other than sit around and detail our cars of course :rollsIs: Saturday after the show, I think we'll be heading to Ken Schreaders (if I spelled that right) go kart track, for a little fun, and then Hooters for dinner!!!! :-D :-D . After Hooters we'll be heading over to Jillians in the Concord Mills mall, which is a great place to hang out lots of Games, and someone here is good about getting us free game cards. The Mall also has a movie theatre, and tons of shopping, for anyone interested in that.

All-In-All I think it should be a great experience, and loads of fun.

Of course, I wish I had more spots open, but as we grow in participation we'll be sure to get more spots in the show, and a better location!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, maybe i should have asked for even more spots

last 2 are filled

Nick, and Matt both have a spot.

We will be meeting at the Jack in the Box on Speedway Blvd. the day of the autofair, at 7:30, in order to try and beat the traffic buildup (gets nasty)

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'll come if you can get me a spot.

Hey Joel, if you can get another spot I'll make my way down there to hang out with you guys. Had tons of fun last weekend and I'm sure it would be some of the same at AutoFair. I think you posted this on our Mid Atlantic board so maybe others will join in comming down with me. So just let me know if you get some more for I'd love to come.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
uh...

who's Matt?

Hey Tim,
I'm gonna be there but goin with my local car club so as to free up spaces for the birds and the passes for our club need to be used.
They usually get many more passes than they can use, so I'll call dude man tomorrow(as tonight is the meeting at LMS) and see if I can get you one.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, all the spots are filled, I hate that I didn't have room for everyone.

On to the better things

We are out on the front lawn just to the right of the main entrance!

John, the lowrider show is up in the concourse again, so it won't be so bad for us on sunday, considering we don't get sun stroke saturday Just try not to oversleep this time!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thanks Andy!

Dude that would be sweet if I could get in. Sounds like its going to be loads of fun, if I can't get in I think I'll just pay the fee and come in and hang out. I doubt anyone from the Mid Atlantic besides myself will come due to location and they work...(LOL)!

Ya'll take it easy and let me know if a space becomes avalible.

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
If you can't show then I will have a free ticket to get in that I'll give ya.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
better work this time

I called him today.
you're in.
My club is under the stands, inside the track while everyone else will be in the grass outside the track but still in the show with all the benefits.

Not sure If we'll have to stay with the group we came in with or not, but we'll find out.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They kind of want everyone to stay with the group their in, but I don't think they'll notice, seeing as we are all in T-birds! (with 1 cougar). As long as there is room on the grass, I'd like ya'll to be down near us.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
well...

If they make us stay together,
I'll have Steve and his Mark VIII up there with me too ;)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Alright I'm in !

This is going to be sweet! I saw Tommy on Friday and he said if he has his 4.6 running he'll come down there with me, so I think it will be us 2 from up here. Anyway you can get another spot for him? If not I'll give him mine cus his car is butter and it would look better than mine.

This things less then 3 weeks away! Man time flys.

Is this event at Lowes Motor Speedway? I know how to get there if it is and all I'll need is some directions to a meeting point.

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
Yeah, and this will probably be my last meet before November. Maybe one in October but this 3 out of 4 weekend stuff just isn't my bag. Need to put some money towards mods instead of driving everywhere.. heh

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Joel, you never did answer my question...
Who's Matt?

Tim, the Show is at the track. You walk out from under the stands and look onto a sea of cars on the track and in the infield grass, up and down pit road too.
And then there's the infield. Where you can find almost anything imaginable. It's a giant swap meet. And you could actually build a car from all the crap you find in there.

I'll call again tomorrow and make sure they know I want two more car passes, there won't be a problem.

as far as directions down there...I cain't really help you, for I can barely get myself there.

-Andy

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'll let Tommy Know.

Sounds like I better get my dent fixed by the 14th :D . that would be an eye sore! I talked with Tommy today and he says by next weekend his car will be up and running so we should be comming together.

Andy thanks again for the spots! I know how to get to Charlotte but as for meeting up with you guys and were the tracks at, well that's another story.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
ooooohhhhhh!!!

AAHHH, Glad to know ya, Matt ;)

Tim, my club usually meets up somewhere along 77 and we follow each other to the track. When I find out for sure where we're meeting, I'll let you know, anything right on 77 is easy to find. This concerns you, for you'll be going IN:)p Joel) with Foot Hills Ford Club :D
Last time I went, we met up at the Hwy 150 exit at the crackerbarrell...I realize that means nothing to you without an exit no. but we'll confirm all things in due time :)

Some of cars you'll be with:
www.geocities.com/foothillsfordclub/

All the members cars aren't shown there, and some of the cars that are shown there rarely show up. But the two 56 Fords will deffinatly be there, along with that Hot Rod Truck and Both Mach 1's will more than likely make it. There'll be more, but those are the only one's I'm sure of that are shown....oh yea, that orange Mach 1;....EVIIL!

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like Autofair is gonna be a big event for us this time, I have a few spots at my house open if anyone needs a couch/air mattress/motorhome to sleep on. If anyone needs a hotel room though, I wish you luck, the autofair generally fills up rooms of alot of nearby hotels, I can check the Mooresville ones when I get home, if anyone needs me to.

·
Administrator
14,229 Posts
JoelBender said:
Looks like Autofair is gonna be a big event for us this time, I have a few spots at my house open if anyone needs a couch/air mattress/motorhome to sleep on. If anyone needs a hotel room though, I wish you luck, the autofair generally fills up rooms of alot of nearby hotels, I can check the Mooresville ones when I get home, if anyone needs me to.
Dibs on a couch for friday night :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts