TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I think he means the fuel fill door. His looks to be the manual type vs. the one with a solenoid and button in the console.

If that is what he's talking about, then it should just be a matter of finding a donor car and swapping everything to his car. It might be involved since I'm not sure the wiring is already in place or not.

But just my .02, and nice 'Bird! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I like my under the console lid release. Keeping it locked from the inside makes me feels a tad more secure with gas prices heading for the $4.00 a gallon price again. They have devices out there now that can transfer your full tank to theirs in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
mine won't stay closed :( (probably because the whole car shakes quite a bit :))

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I did the swap on my '96 Cougar after one morning finding my gas gap on the ground next to my car :) Still haven't' hooked up the electrical side of it thou :tongue:

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Hopefully would-be thieves don't realize that all they have to do is stick a big fat screwdriver between the shiny body of the car and the gas flap and pry that sucker open.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hopefully would-be thieves don't realize that all they have to do is stick a big fat screwdriver between the shiny body of the car and the gas flap and pry that sucker open.
thats actually a good reason to KEEP the manual door and get a locking cap instead. most thieves see a lock and move on to an easier pigeon.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I like the popper, but it's not especially secure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts