TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car starts up fine, idles fine, and then I put it in drive and sometimes it will jump alittle, but when i put gas to it, it just dies. It started yesterday while I was driving and i just stalled out in the middle of the intersection. Any ideas?????

·
Super Moderator
5,173 Posts
IAC?

RwP

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
My car does this too. Its not always a vacuum leak but you should definitely check for leaks first. Mine dies because the plugs are fouled out from the meth kit.(Sprays early) Try vac leaks and a good ol' MAF cleaning.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
2,871 Posts
The car does have an AED on it. But checking for vacuum leaks would make sense. And of course seeing as how the IAC is in a terrible place to get to it could be that too like RalphP mentioned. So basically I have nothing new to offer to this conversation. haha!
Wish that I could come help you out. Get me a mac flight to the east coast???

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have finally got time to check the problem out. No vacuum leaks that I can find. I am able to drive it with no problems when it is cold, but once it is all warmed up it after I turn it off it will not start again until it is cooled off again. I don't have the money to take it to a shop.... Any other things that it could be?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I Second checking the IAC first - But as we're in Tranny Forum seems like D/Dog sometimes analyzes this as a frozen Direct Drum to Sun Shaft Bushing or something like that really BAD & pretty common on our Gen Tranny - The lube holes are VERY teeny & if the Bronze Bushing scores &/or spins a tad the lube holes get totally Blocked & it;s Game Over - Mine was on the way out when I blew Roller OWC - Tranny O/Haul & some hard parts the fix.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
On my old Camaro it was the fuel pump relay that was corroded and when it got hot it lost its contact so the car would stall and not start till it cooled down.
12 dollar part and the shop wanted 600.00.

well good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts