TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an immediate opening at a well-established S.W. Montgomery Co. area Napa Auto Care for an ASE certified automotive technician. We are a small but well equipped shop with a lot of late model clientele and business. Our workweek is steady at M-F, 8-5 weekends off. We are seeking another team player that processes the skills and tools necessary to perform general to advanced automotive maintenance, diagnostics, and service. Salaries are fair and based on applicant’s work history and certifications. We offer a friendly work environment with no bull given or taken. You must be honest, dependable, and able to leave any problems at home. If qualified and interested fax resume along with any pertinent information to 281-356-5547.

Vernon

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I will send this to my shop friend. I know when he left his last gig that a bunch of people quit.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Howdy cb.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick, some people are so into cars that they start refering to various models by their specific VINs to keep it short. You should see what the RX7 guys have to learn to keep up. The second digit id's the manufacturer, 5th is usually the chassis, the 10th is the year, and the 8th is the egine. On a Thunderbird of the era 89-97 (hey they didn't stop at '95 for Mexico and other export countrys) an engine VIN digit "R" means it has the supercharged 3.8 engine. It's also the easiest way to identify an SC when looking at a VIN, 8th = R (short for race).

Another tib bit is that a Thunderbird is known as the Ford S-body by Ford. Ford S-body with R-code. Shut-up and Race.

Actually my '91 which terrorized the Houston street racing scene for many years is now decomissioned and awaits to be dismantled for salvage. My future of Thunderbird ownership lies with a '94 M5R2 SC in arrest me red/gray and the '95
4R70W SC in deep cranberry metallic./tan.
Vernon

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Nick, some people are so into cars that they start refering to various models by their specific VINs to keep it short. You should see what the RX7 guys have to learn to keep up. The second digit id's the manufacturer, 5th is usually the chassis, the 10th is the year, and the 8th is the egine. On a Thunderbird of the era 89-97 (hey they didn't stop at '95 for Mexico and other export countrys) an engine VIN digit "R" means it has the supercharged 3.8 engine. It's also the easiest way to identify an SC when looking at a VIN, 8th = R (short for race).

Another tib bit is that a Thunderbird is known as the Ford S-body by Ford. Ford S-body with R-code. Shut-up and Race.

Actually my '91 which terrorized the Houston street racing scene for many years is now decomissioned and awaits to be dismantled for salvage. My future of Thunderbird ownership lies with a '94 M5R2 SC in arrest me red/gray and the '95
4R70W SC in deep cranberry metallic./tan.
Vernon

Speaking of the SC's when you bringing one out? And whats up with the 91?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris asked; "Speaking of the SC's when you bringing one out? And whats up with the 91?"

It's mainly outside temperature related right now. Somehow I don't feel like lieing on my back stuffing a 4R70W into a car while it's 29* out.

As for the '91. It's a long story with a moral like this, I got tired of chasing the problems with it's ABS, getting into wrecks because of it and my super aggressive driving style. It's all beat up body wise and several parts crucial to it's use have already been removed.

Vernon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts