TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to find a good price on a trans cooler that will be able to cool my new 3500 stall tq converter i'm putting in. I did some searches (omg this site is slow now) and found this thread http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=134072 I believe this is the part darrin brought up http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Torqflo-11-x-11-1-2-in-Super-Cool-transmission-cooler/_/N-25io;jsessionid=341390ED2B97393645E02F43099FCE99.diyprod2-b2c3?counter=8&itemIdentifier=238922_0_0_ would that be OK? I'd really rather not spend $150 on the true cool if that one would work... but I don't want to destroy my trans either lol.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Ebay had some ridiculous deals on these... some Fan Cooled jobs & some used ones with Copper cores, etc...

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I installed a cooler similar to the Autozone one when I J-modded my transmission. It's enough cooling for my daily driving, keeps it around 150* and around 170* when I go over the mountain. Curious to see how it does in the 90*+ summer.

I think you should spend the extra money and buy the TruCool for that much stall. If I get a DirtyDog converter this summer I will be buying it

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Autozone=junk. The only thing that place is good for is oil and sprays, stuff like that

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Trucool Ethan, ive had expierance with a few diffeent coolers. Seeing how I ran that stall for 2years I know what will keep her cool. Its alot of stall man.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Ethan we talked yesterday, the 679 is a good cooler, but as others have said the trucool is top notch, no questions asked it's the biggest badist cooler there is that will fit a regular car lines, and 155 shipped is a good price, eBay wants 209 for them, but this is my input, I'll give a good example trunk monkey had a nice cooler, he tried road coursing it with my brand new built trans, he blew the front seal out from to much heat, so I told him it was time for trucool 45k btus

Robert

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have the Tru-Cool 45k along with a finned aluminum trans pan with my Dog converter and it is none too big as I run it as a stand alone cooler. What I find is that the heat is worse after you drive a while. Heat gets up to 190 and levels out after a couple of hours running 80mph on a long trip in the summer running the air.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
I have the Tru-Cool on my car, however I have installed the 679 on several cars. No it's not as awesome as the Big Tru-Cool but it works quite nicely. It's a good quality cooler for $60. If that's where your budget is, you're better off with that than nothing by a long shot. However if your profile pic is your car tearing down the 1/4 mile there, I'd go for the Tru-Cool.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Good man! :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts