TCCoA Forums banner

Do You Recommend the Use of AutoZone R&P?

• I recommend them!! (I have used them and had no problems with 50K + miles)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t recommend them!! (I have used them and they started leaking soon after installation)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new AutoZone (remanufactured) R&P to install along with my suspension upgrade. However, I've recently been reading horror stories about then starting to leak, etc.

So my question is: Who has used them and what has been your experience.

My current R&P isn't having any problems what so ever, but it also has 268K miles on it. :beek:

Thoughts or suggestions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I installed one about 4 years ago, no leaks yet. But they came with the wrong
inner tie-rods. There was not enought adjustmen threads on them. Compare them with your stock ones and see how much thread is on the tie rod. I ended up getting swapping with some TRW tie rods, I already had installed on my old rack. .

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
what kinda dollars?

·
Registered
855 Posts
I had a reman'ed rack and pinion that lasted a year before it started leaking all over and clunking. I rebuilt my whole front suspension and still had a clunk up until today when i replaced that sucker. Put in a reman'ed Ford/Motorcraft unit and MAN what a difference! The old one was very very hard to steer, clunked when i hit the brakes, leaked, and was poorly reman'ed. The new one is the opposite. Quiet as anythin, i can steer it w/ my pinky, and no leaks or clunking noises. It's great....

You might not have a problem w/ the one you get, but just be sure you take a look at it when you go to buy it and make sure it meets your needs as far as how well you think it was built. The ford unit was $205 btw.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i was wondering bout the az unit, yes i know the ford rack is 205 pn f6sz3504acrm , i put a used rack in mine , 50 bucks, came out of a car that only had 60,000 .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts