TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so not a real poll, but...

Just curious to see what everyones average gas milage is. I have been driving my mustang now for 9months (since the bird head gasket went) And just got the 1994 tbird running again

Have been averaging 11 mpg thanks to my right foot in the stang, but seem to be averaging perhaps 22 in the tbird

I got 275 or so from my last tank

I have holes drilled in my cats do to the fact of $$$ and they are clogged from the coolant from the head gasket nuke. Perhaps my o2 sensors are bad too.

So, by the responses from this thread, I will know if my car is doing ok, or if I really need to spend the $120 on o2 sensors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I have only had the car a month now and looks like I am getting 18 MPG. I just did a tuneup last weekend, haven't filled it up since to check for improvements.

·
Registered
72 Posts
MPG

I think I get around 23-26 MPG. Its hard to convert from KM's to Miles. So I don't know how accurate I am. I use cruise alot and try not to hammer the ol' 3.8.
Donnie

·
Registered
538 Posts
I get

I get 16-17 mpg on my 94 3.8......I think i need to replace my o2 sensors.
Jeremy.......it is most likely your o2 sensors.....they may have gotten clogged with antifreeze....very likely.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
218 Posts
25-28 driving normal highway
20-24 driving normal city

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might be right on target. I just got 300 miles to this tank of gas.

How many miles do you guys average???

·
Registered
266 Posts
right now accroding to my trip computer ave. mpg'si was getting 12.1mgs then i used some fuel injction cleaner/w octane booster(don't know if that was a good thing)but now i'm getting about 16.5 mpg's (with a dirty air cleaner,& kinda worn spark plug's).:leftright

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I average 18-25mpg............ ( NEVER worse than 18 mpg) and I've got 3.73 gears!

·
Registered
510 Posts
My last trip to florida in my 97 4.6, I got 30.8mpg going aprox. 72mph with the cruise on, windows up and AC off. I usually can go about 330miles before my low fuel light comes on, this is with a mix of city and highway.

W.Cup

·
Registered
149 Posts
I usually get around 200 miles on a tank of gas all city driving. Not sure about interstate though. It could be better but i am carrying a lot of stereo stuff.:cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hmmmmm...:zdunno: I get about 300-400 on a tank...Mixed city and highway with a lead foot and a lot of stereo equip in the trunk...I guess I'm doin good compared to your guys' responses:headbang: Just thought I would put this to boast I guess

Wes

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did get 31 mpg once, back when she only had 25,000 miles on it on a long highway trip no AC. I rarely get better than 25 mpg now 100,000 miles later, but I'm mostly city driving now too.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I made a 375 mi. round-trip last weekend, on the way up, set the cruise to around 80, got 30.xxx MPG on the way there. Interestingly, I set the cruise to 73 on the way back, only got 27 MPG... might not be related, but I seem to get better mileage at speeds closer to 80. With some city and a lot of highway, I usually average about 24-26 MPG.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just got 21mpg. I usually get 18. Lots of city driving and letting the car warm up in the morning. I usualy get 200 miles to the 3/4 tank. I don't like going below a 1/4 a tank because the fuel pump is cooled by the gas. If you let it get to low, you run the risk of burning out the pump. Which is no fun to change.

Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
I get right now about 22 mpg around town and I go 320 miles before i fill up and that is when it just hits the E line and my check gauges comes on. But from when i bought it till now it is 18.5 mpg and that is a mostly around town, some highway. Also mix between racing and driving normally.

·
Registered
935 Posts
O2 sensors and gas mileage...

Okay well in my 90 Base model I could easily average 400 miles a tank of gas and once I went from my house in VA to MD and had 275 miles on a half tank which is pretty darn good.

Now my SC :( I just got this baby and well if I get 220 miles to a TANK I jump for joy! So everyone keeps leaning towards the O2 sensors, please tell me more. I thought my poor mpg was due to the plugs and wires being bad...?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I get about 200 miles to the tank. Then again I live in San Francisco where there are lots of hills.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts