TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went searching for estimates on labor for some transmission work the other day and at most places the estimates were around $400. I wanted them to do three things, install a cooler, TC, and the Jmod. Is this too much?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nope

Sounds pretty good if you ask me. They do neet to drop the pan, remove the valve body, drop the exhaust, drop the tranny, unhook all those connections, put in the cooler, and slap it all together. Labor ain't cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Warrior455;

I answered your PM, about the J-Mod.

The price you are asking about here seems reasonable.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
hmm...

i can get a tranny rebuilt down here for $400.. i think i was told $200-250 max for what you asked for..

but that's just some places.. others (like AAmco) want at least $400, and most won't do it.

my $.02

JD:eek:

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
just a quick question, i'm plannig on having the j-mod done too but i'm not sure what to say when i go to the tranny shop. Will they know what i mean when i say "j-mod?"

·
Registered
799 Posts
Go to the tech articles section and print out the tranny stuff about the mod and take to your tranny shop. Hopefully one of them has the minimum basic english skills to be able to read / comprehend it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How much does Parts usually cost on top of that 400? or was that included? I'm also looking to have a professional install a tranny cooler, a better torque converter, and do the J-Mod(which I wouldn't feel comfortable at all doing myself)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I ordered all my parts from five star. The total was $330 for new torque converter, flexplate, j-mod parts and shipping. Also just acquired a Mark 8 D/S for $100. Got this from junkyard. I bought the second best B&M transmission cooler for $20. I got this from good ole ebay. So the total is about $450 for all these parts. I figure it is best to wait untill I recieve all the parts I need, or will have to replace before the tranny is operated on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts