TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
??

works for me. and i got interior pics. cloth seats are almost perfect!!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Good deals can be found...
My '89 wasn't the BEST deal.. But got it for $500 with a Blown engine (rod bearing went bad) and could of had it running again for another $500 (used engine) But into it now for like over $2000 including car.. (Freshened the Engine, ect, ect, ect)

it was rough around the edges but for a 19 year old car, with 120,000miles it was Nice and clean.. Exterior i would of given a 7 out of 10, interior a 8.5 out of 10.. (and i'm HARD in judging something)

My '91 SC 5spd was a MUCH better deal thou.. exterior was least an 8.5, interior a 8.5 too (was a 6.5 owner had to been a chain smoker and it seriously smelt like an ashtray and the `dirt' from the smoke got into EVERY thing) and only had to put in an Accumulator ABS pump relay to make it drivable and it has 100,000 miles on it

the XR7 was found out about at a car show, the SC was from my Parts guy at Ford :)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
meh. i think i'm gonna sell back my 2 wks vacation and get this. i hope so anyways. if he still has it.

edit: link updated

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There was an 89 XR7 5 speed for $1100 for sale when I bought my 97 XR7 4.6

The ad hinted at it needing HG's. I had an NA 3.8 that I got rid of for that reason as well as a list of parts it needed.

If I would have had the room and $$$ I would have bought, yanked the SC engine and dropped a 347 in it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i offered $800 cash, but i told him if thats too low to let me know.

i think this would be sweet. i'll put up the interior pics he gave me in a minute.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
How did he manage that on the dash?

That thing has probably been driven pretty hard considering that the seller seems young and there is a radar detector in it. Those might be 105k hard miles.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well as long as it's still strong i think it's worth $900 that he wants. he does seem like a young guy seeing as he "needs to sell this to get a mustang" but i sure don't plan to drive it like a granny either.

i know where a dash is to put in it so thats no big deal. and i think it'd be a fun upgrade from the N/A 3.8 i have now. i also have more pics. i'll throw them up in a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

i've never had to "look" at a s/c'd engine before. i know what to look for otherwise, but how do i check a s/c (fluid and etc)? any particular stuff to look for other than the normal?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we're gonna make that our little secret ;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
should be good, seeing as we don't ever salt our roads, but i'll look at that also.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
$800 i think for shape it is in, Is the most i would spend on it..

Not to brag, BUT Got this '89 for $500 and like i said, through another club member i got another engine (same mileage thou, Hence why the freshening) For another $500.. Plus it was bought from the orginal owner, with a Fair amount of paper work to go with it
Click here For the 89

Still needs work, like '94/5 bumpers and a Paint job :tongue:

But good luck with the purchase, honestly, even thou it was # 3 of the MN12 Cougars for me, next to my '91.. It's my 2nd fav, even being an automatic :)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
when you say "freshen up the engine" what exactly do you mean? i'm going to look at it this evening so i'll look for rust and all that.

and i love my t-bird, but i think this is a pretty cool upgrade from that NA 3.8. and it'll def get the love and care it needs. if i get it there will be quite a few upgrades (interior/bumpers/stereo).

i'll also check out the suspension and fluids. how do i check the s/c? any s/c particular problems to look for? also, this guy said he only had the car for 3-4 months and he got it from an older man and his wife. so i'm sure all 105k weren't "dogged". surely he drove it like a track car though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts