TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, North Central Arkansas Youth Sports, a non-profit that does youth football (and soon girls softball) here, is giving away a BassCat Phelix boat with Mercury 9.9hp Electric Start Motor and trailer. The only thing you have to do is add a battery and you're good to go. This is a $7,000 combo.

They're selling chances at $5.00 each. The response has not been anywhere near as good as they'd hoped. There are less than 400 tickets sold so far. They knew about the club and asked if I'd post these for sale. The money all goes to offset the costs of the jerseys, pads, etc. for the kids. They raise money so the parents don't have to pay so much for their kids to participate.

If anybody would like to buy a ticket or 20, simply click below. We HAVE to have your name, address and phone number to notify you of winning. The tickets will be drawn Tuesday, October 25th at the final football game of the season. I will forward any ticket money on to NCAYS and put your name & info on one of the paper tickets and put it in the drawing. BTW, I'm tacking 50 cents on to cover the PayPal fees.

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]"><input type="hidden" name="undefined_quantity" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="NCAYS Boat Ticket"><input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="NCAYS"><input type="hidden" name="amount" value="5.00"><input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="0.50"><input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="2"><input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.tccoa.com/"><input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://www.tccoa.com/"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"><input type="hidden" name="bn" value="PP-BuyNowBF"><input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-butcc.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!"></form>

You can see a picture of and more information about this boat here:

http://www.basscat.com/phelix.htm

Thanks a lot!

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Okay, who hacked Bill's comp and spammed the forums?? :tongue:

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I know....

They had hoped on selling 1000 tickets. They've got less than 2 weeks left and are trying everything they can to sell some more. That's when I got asked. It's a good cause as it really is a good group of people helping teach these kids. And hey, you could always put the boat on eBay. :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
and we'll just STFU since these are your forums :D

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
"Well at least I'll be the only fat guy on Spooner Street with a boat."

"Hey, hey, hey! I'm gettin' a boat!"

"Aw, man. Della Reese is getting a boat, too?"

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
you got 2 from me.. best case, go pick it up for me and we'll put it up on ebay.. if it sells for over five, i'll give half of whatevers over it to the cause as well.. and the other half for us to try and keep us out of the hole for a bit longer :)

only need $5000, not trying to be greedy.. besides, any more than that and your favorite organization would crucify me on taxes.. helps if i donate a little :)

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
no cash option? i have no way to get a boat from Arkansas to MA. the lincoln doesn't have a hitch!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do what James will. Put it on eBay. I'll take pics no problem. The main thing is to help support these kids. They have 130 7-12 year old boys in the program this year. And unlike baseball and all the other sports around here that cost the parents like $200+, this program is $25 a kid. And the winning teams at the end of the season keep their jerseys! I wouldn't do this for just anybody, but the people behind this really care about the kids. All the coaches volunteer and the kids have a GREAT time. It can be more fun to watch than the high school games. You never know what a field full of 8 year olds will do with a football. :D

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Sir William said:
You never know what a field full of 8 year olds will do with a football. :D
Oh I'm sure I've got an idea if it's anything like little kids' soccer lol

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i just bought 10 tickets.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
did i win yet?

bump for more people to support kids.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C'mon guys. This thing will be given away this coming Tuesday. It's not too late to get your name in the hat. There are less than 400 tickets sold!!! FANTASTIC ODDS!!!

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
gonna keep us posted tonight?

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Bill?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
we ever find out about this?

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
guess it was no one here.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I'll try and catch him today. He hasn't been on the boards much at all the past few weeks dealing with other issues.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
ah.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts