TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night my wife and I decided to try and make it out to the track for an 8.50 index race in the eigth mile. She has a mach1 she races pretty often but I had a hard time convincing her to compete (she has never done any competition, only TNT). I finally told her she could keep any money she won and she decided to give it a try.

My first race I was paired up against one of the local "barracuda" brothers. They consistenly cut 5.20 lights usually and have been bracket racing for 20+ years. Needless to say, the guy deep staged a little too far since we were using a pro tree instead of our more common sportsman tree and ended up redlighting. I went on to run an 8.6

My wife was paired against a truck pulled off the upset big time. Her reaction time was .67 to his ..600 She ran hard all the way to the end and hit the brakes right at the line (her car runs 8.3's not 8.5's) and ended up making the guy breakout just barely as she ran an 8.51 and he ran an 8.48.

My wife got the bye next round as she had the best reaction time and it was my turn to be paired up against another truck. I had pulled my back seat and some weight out of my trunk and lowered the tire pressure in my slicks hoping I could get a better 60 foot and eek out an 8.5x instead of an 8.6. I was .03 slower at the light but I ran a perfect 8.52 compared to my opponents 8.6. He thought i was going to break out so he let off right before he passed the line.

Here is where things when south. My wife and I were now both in the finals. As we went to make our run, her battery completly dies. It wont even jump start it's so dead. I decided to concede and I took the battery out of the thunderbird and gave it to my wife so she could take the win. She was ecstatic and now I doubt I will have any trouble convincing her to try racing for money again.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice story and kudos for letting the wife use your battery.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got second place which was 80 dollars. She got 100.00 It was ten bucks to enter so it was a decent payout considering it's extremely amatuer and we only had 6 cars total.

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
Congratulations to both of you! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Man, you make me want to get back to the track.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like a great way to spend a night.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a blast for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts