TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my temp gauge has started wigging out on me, as in rising almost all the way to the H, then falling to below the M in norm, just to go back up again and fall again. its kinda acting like a tach does because it rises when im on the gas and levels when i quit accelerating, and falls when i brake. any clues????

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Well, it could either be an electric problem or a physical one. The physical one would be air bubbles in the coolant. If you check the sticky thread about refilling coolant atop this forum, that should fix the problem. I think there's also a remote chance that you could have a HG leak (which makes air bubbles).

The electrics involve the temp. sending unit (at the front of the lower intake manifold), the wiring from that to the dash, and the gauge itself. One of the components could be bad, or the wiring may have an intermittent short. You could try turning the key to "on" but leaving the engine off and wiggling the wiring to see if you can replicate the problem. You can test the sender with a multimeter, but it won't necessarily pick up an intermittent problem. I hope you can find it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sounds like a wire pinched or something. Ground issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts