TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it finally happened, i got a ticket for my license plate being in my windshield yesterday....sooooo PO'd:zbash:........anyone have an ides on how to get out of it on court day?

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Sometimes you can show proof of you having it in the proper place (like a photo) and they will drop it!

When i first got my T-Bird it didn't have a front bracket or even the holes because it was from out of state (back when I lived in Ohio). Well a week of getting my tags I got a ticket for no front plate. Didn't have much luck finding a bracket at the junkyards, but I FINALLY got one before my court day. Installed it, put the plate on and snapped a pic. They dropped it without any hesitation...

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should be able to avoid court completely with just paying improper equipment charges. Do you or any family or friends know the county judge execor county attorney? Have them take yoour ticket to them and see what they can do. If it's your first ticket, you will most likely get the reduced charges. Worked for me a time or two.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
check your laws first....I've had officers claim it's illegal, yet there are no rescritions on placement here in VT.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
dont have the front brackets or even holes in mine. so it must be ok in il. now i just gotta stop getting warnings for my neons :D had three in the last 2 months

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Ricerbird said:
dont have the front brackets or even holes in mine. so it must be ok in il. now i just gotta stop getting warnings for my neons :D had three in the last 2 months
your so not right

front plate has to be on the car, why do you think they give you 2 plates??? and it has to be no more than like 20" above the ground.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
I'm SOOO glad we don't have front plates here at all. My car would look positively goofy with one on the front. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sir William said:
I'm SOOO glad we don't have front plates here at all. My car would look positively goofy with one on the front. :D

Same here. I don't know if I could live without the cat on the front of my car.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
That sucks man, it really does....did you say, "Awwwwww balls!" when you got the ticket..lol

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sir William said:
I agree... UNFORTUNATLY I have to have a front plate :zpuke:.

What is the point of the front plate, besides costing more to make? If a cop is pulling you over, he's not going to be in front of you... Think of all the money the states that require front and rear plates could save if they dropped the front plates...

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Cougar281 said:
What is the point of the front plate, besides costing more to make? If a cop is pulling you over, he's not going to be in front of you... Think of all the money the states that require front and rear plates could save if they dropped the front plates...
That's always what I've kinda thought. :zdunno:

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
its kinda like having split speed limits. there's a good intention somewhere, but it only causes more headaches than its worth.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If the bracket broke then they might understand it being in the windshield.

·
Super Moderator
7,550 Posts
Don't feel so bad. I'm right there with you, only my front plate wasn't even in the windshield. It was sitting on the floor of the back seat. It had been like that for almost 6 months, so I wasn't even thinking about it anymore but on my way up to my uncle's on sunday to watch the superbowl some cop must have been pissed that he was missing it so he pulled me over and gave me a ticket for it. Oh well, it isn't any points or anything so I'll just pay the $50 and maybe put the plate back on. What really bothered me was that was the only thing he pulled me over for. I could understand if he pulled me over for something else and then gave me the plate ticket too, but to specifically pull me over just for the plate kind of irritated me.

Mike

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
well ill just tell them that i cant put my plate up there. cuz it doesnt have holes. and thats how it came from the factory. and that drilling holes would be defacing the car and that the car was made in 93 and has gone this long and NEVER had one installed in the front. so why change it now. and yes sir will i know what your talking about the way the thunderbird bumper is designed it wasnt meant to be covered up by a plate :D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
my rear plate makes my car look ugly, i might just take it off tonight. Jk, but here in ohio we have front plates. I ran for the longest time without front plates, mainly cause i buy my cars from West Virginia, and they still have the inspection stickers on them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts