TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been busy making lists of things for my plans for the bird { 95 4.6 lx } and have been trying to decode the data plate . i got an axle code of y , anyone got a clue what ratio this is ???? same code for the crown vic diff destined for use in my 53 so could be helpful twice over .....................

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,374 Posts
I was always under the impression that the stock ratio (at least for n/a birds) was 3.27. However I cannot speculate as to whether it's trac-lok or not.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I was always under the impression that the stock ratio (at least for n/a birds) was 3.27. However I cannot speculate as to whether it's trac-lok or not.
I have two V8's, one a '93 and one a '95. Both are factory 3.08's. The '93 is Trac-Lok.
According to the tech article, "Y" is an open (non Trac-Lok) 3.08.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,374 Posts
Interesting, good to know. I wonder if it's just the 96/97s that have standard 3.27s?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that'd explain why it seems to " lay down when i nail it . the 3.08 is great for the truck but i think that's gonna be the first major mod for me , a 4:10 or so and tracloc . she'll blow both rears off though so i was assuming it was a tracloc . haven't done much with it to this point besides drive it ................................ thanx !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts