TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna put a true dual exhaust on my 95 bird with the dual in, dual out magnaflow in the center of the car with pipes running out the back. i am also leaving both cats on. is that setup able to pass emissions here?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I still have the stock exhaust, so take this for what you will.

Luckily AZ isn't as Nazi-ish as Cali is about exhaust changes. From what I can find about what the visual part of the test is, is that they are supposed to look for all emissions equipment that was originally on the car: cats, egr, evap, etc. Although I've never seen any inspector actually look underneath a car for cats.

You do know that exhaust after the cats does not affect the level of emissions, only sound. Cat-back systems should be perfectly legal. If you're replacing from the headers-back, you're probably going to want to put some high flow cats on.

If you fail the test, it's probably because some part of your emissions system isn't working right, not because you will have two pipes out the back.

Let me know it sounds. I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep it quiet or make it loud when I start upgrading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts