TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the word on the B&M 5 speed shifter? Is it worth the time and money to replace the original 5 speed shifter, or is the B&M just for show? Inquiring minds want to know!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i drove sc roach's 5 speed all day saturday(to connecticut and back for the NE meet, about 500 miles total) and id say its definetly worth it. the shifts seem alot shorter than they would be stock, much more precise. just an all around better feel than stock

·
Registered
26 Posts
The B&M shifter is better than stock. The problem is that the stock shifter isn't that bad. Mazda is known for excellent shifter feel. The difference wasn't nearly as dramatic as with the T-45 in my Cobra when I went to the Steeda.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ripper Bias

Hell yeah, it's worth it! The bias springs in the ripper are Much stronger. That makes it Very difficult to miss 3rd. & hit 5th. I thought the OEM shifter was short, UNTIL I put my Ripper in. OMG, what a difference! The Ripper does take some time to get used to & break in. At first it'll be notchy & maybe difficult to get reverse. That goes away once you get it broken in.

68COUGAR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts