TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a supposed good condition aod out of another 91 5.0 and am going to refresh it a little before i throw it in my car. Im looking into a shift kit as i hear they can extend the life of a trans with the help of a trans cooler which i am also picking up. I work at advance auto and can get this shift kit for $30

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=BNM&mfrpartnumber=40263&parttype=651&ptset=A

does anybody have any experience with it? the only other one ive seen discussed is the transgo kit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The B&M kit seems to be more race oriented. My friend has one in a 5.0 Mustang AOD and it snaps your neck on every shift, even if you're going 10mph 1-2. I've heard very good things about the Baummann electronic controlls AOD recalibration kit. Google it. Transgo also makes a shift kit for these cars that many people use with good results.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I had the b&m shift kit and hated it. at first i liked it but i broke in 2 days. when it worked it shifted so hard you could feel it in you back and floored it barked the tires. then it just went away I've heard nothing but bad things about b&m shift kits. I would just 5spd it:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts