• J-Mod - No If's, And's or But's!!!!!

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, Is the B&M shift kit worth it?
also, I might be able to get a trans go kit cheap....What about that?
Thanks guys
-Dennis

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
neither, do a search and do the j-mod. also, read the tech articles in the transmission section. no, ifs, and or buts, just do the j-mod.

joseph

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
woops! i thought he had an AOD!
yeah The Great Obucina is very right, the j-mod is the way to go

·
Registered
364 Posts
Jesus man, new to TCCoA? lol

J-mod

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have yet to see a person who can convince me he's designed a better shift kit than the man who designed the transmission.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I guess that's settled, although there are a few Trans-Go diehards still left around here, I'm surprised they haven't chimed in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know The J-mod has always been spoken of as the Mod of all mods.....
I was just looking for other options......maybe have somthing a little different.
I dunno, I suppose J-Mod is the way to go! Thanks for the (Drastic!) Input.
-Dennis

·
Registered
798 Posts
I agree, J-mod is the way to go. I'm J-modded and i love it. No problems and it's cheap to do too!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I believe all PA offers is a replacement Valve Body, I'd still recommend that you perform the J-mod even if you replaced the Valve Body, since opening up the holes in the separator plate is beneficial.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have the B&M in my car.
It is the best mod I have ever done to my car. I have had snappy firm shifts for over 60k miles and I love it!!!!

Don't let anyone tell you that B&M doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to transmissions. Besides all three of your options are all separator plate mods anyway.

danman

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
using a pa valvebody doesnt involve drilling any holes, bolt in on and your done. it shifts really firm and its a manualmatic.:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went with Trans Go, & I'm completely happy with it. However, I didn't know about the J mod at the time. Knowing what I do now, I'd most likely have done the J mod. The Trans Go went in without any problems other than my accidental removal of the OD servo, & having to drop the pan 3 times to get it right! My screwup there. But the tranny shifts shifts very nice now.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Heh, only one to vote for TransGo.
Guess I may be one of the ones Rich was referring to. :D

B&M - never done it, but people on here have had good results with it.
Transgo - it's what I currently have in mine, and I like it. In fact for me, and for my car, I like it much better than the Jmod. I had the Jmod in before the rebuild, and it was nice, just not as good in my car as the TransGo is.
Each car is gonna be different, and each persons taste is gonna differ.

Jmod - there are a few Jmod fanatics on here ;)

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
I wish you were out here in Iowa, Dennis. I'd take you for a ride with my v-6 and it's JMod. I did that for Thomas, and now he's organized the Iowa JMod tour.

For about $100 and beer (traded for a little help from my friends), I get hard shifts and very little clutch wear. I put 20K miles on in a year. There was very little sludge on the magnet when I changed filter and fluid. In fact, people have kidded me for changing the Mercon V too soon and wanted it for their car.

My last day at the track, I got tire chirp shifting to second and third without forcing it.

Don't forget to put on a transmission cooler. Best investment outside of a JMod for your transmission.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts