TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I'm back!

Finally bought a second vehicle to allow me to start working on my t-bird again. I started getting a fuel leak from the flex hose from the pump to the hard line about 7 months or so ago.

With that being said, I'm going to be installing a 10 gal fuel cell in my trunk with an external pump. I found a company RCi that sells a cell with a sending unit already installed. Problem, or maybe not a problem is it's a 0-90 ohm unit. Anyone know what the 4.6 in t-birds use for resistance? I'd rather not have to install an aftermarket fuel gauge as I'm trying to keep my interior looking "stock".

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
Add a resistor in series with the wire to set the full mark, then remember where the empty mark is. I'd start with a 22 ohm, and work up.

(less current=empty side=bigger resistance; more current=full side=smaller resistance)

Don't forget where empty is, lol.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
maybe you could rig up a stock sender in place of the chevy one that comes in the tank. You wouldn't know for sure until you pulled the hanger assembly and saw how it all mounts up. On a side note, you will have hella room underneath for different muffler setups. Keep us posted!
-Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean hell, I'm an electricain I'm sure I could pull the resistor and make the proper rated one. It's just work I don't have much of a place to do. I have no garage so I do things on the curb which probably isn't the best of ideas. But as for the exhaust, yeah I better have room for a true dual after this and a 5spd swap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts