TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my 96 LX back on the road about 30 mins ago. After the front end rebuild, about 95% of the noises it used to make are gone. But there is one pesky clunk left. Otherwise it is worlds! better than it was before I tore it down.

I retorqued the front subframe and all but one bolt were a bit (1/2 turn or less) loose. New swaybar bushings and endlinks, lower control arms/ball joint, Ford OEM strut rod bushing kit at frame as well as LCA, and new outer tie rods, of course all torqued to spec.

The driver side suspension is silent and functions flawlessly. I got down to the alignment shop to late to get it aligned, but the wheel is just slightly off center and feels very tight - I must have got it very close. But the passenger side still makes a slight clunk on rough roads. The sound appears to be coming from the top of the shock tower and is only apparent when the suspension travel is fully (or close to) compressed i.e. bad potholes. Best way I can describe it is a slapping clunk noise. Almost like the shock is bouncing up and down with slack.

Any ideas on where to go from here would be appreciated.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
end link could be loose?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts