TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as i was saying before until you all trailed on a tangent about Mercon V and stuff lol. I believe my tranny is messed up in first gear. I believe it is slipping at WOT or close to it. (Prolly from hitting 6000rpm with Reinhart chip lmao). So if my TC is shot or whatever. What is the cost (estimate) ya think for installing a new TC or fixing it all together? 700-900 dollars??

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Have you called any shops and asked what the labor rate to replace a TC is? Are you absolutely sure it is a TC problem? You asked before what a rebuild cost would be and the consensus answer was to get a 4R from Greenleaf. A Mk8 TC and flexplate should run about 250$ or so....Also, that tangent about Mercon was stated for a reason, we tell you this because bet you bottom dollar the shop that would probably be doing the illadvised rebuild wont use it. Listen to the people who answer your question, they are doing so for a reason.

Finally, you posted this on the 4.6L/5.4L forum, please post the correct topics on the correct pages. Also, if most of your reponses are to get a newer 4R from Greenleaf, just frickin do it.

joseph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts