TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i accidentally used a cleaner an it wiped off the red tint to my backup lights. anyway to fix that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.. i think it was meguiars body scrub step #1. i didnt realize that the little reverse lights had a red tint painted on them. i thought it was just red plastic like the tailights. by the way ive seen alot of cougars with this. i guess they accidently cleaned off the red too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
so you cleared out your back lights or just the reverse ones?

you could always just constantly get a sharpie in there or you could buy new ones or buy transparent paint

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Statik said:
so you cleared out your back lights or just the reverse ones?

you could always just constantly get a sharpie in there or you could buy new ones or buy transparent paint
just the reverse lights. its not a big deal it just looks a little less cleaner.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Steps for Using NiteShades:

Just clean up the lights with some dish soap and water, wipe them completely dry, maybe let them set a while. Then lay them on a piece of cardboard in a warm temperature, like above 60. Then spray a light coat of NiteShades from about 7-8" away. Just enough that it has a thin coat on it, but not enough that would make it run.

Let it dry, or have a fan help for less time, for 30 minutes. Spray it another time or two in the same way. 30 minutes after the last coat, spray it with the clear coat just the same way you sprayed with the NiteShades, and wait 30 minutes to spray again. This time it should be fine. If you spray too much, the clear coat could get cloudy.

The more coats and thicker you spray, the better the chance for it running, which is hell to try and fix. Too many coats is a waste of time as well. When paint is thicker, you can also have a good chance of it getting scratched. When the coats are thicker, and you make them close together, the innermost coats don't have a chance to dry properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts