TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Nearly two weeks ago i ordered (on 10/21/03) some parts from an Online Business (name withheld) and the total was nearly 100$. I also selected the 2nd day air UPS shipping. They went ahead and billed me for the parts, but after two days they didn't show up. Now their policy is that most of their orders are shipped same day, and if they can't be then they would notify me. I was never notified by Email or Phone. I only got an email from them explaining the situation after i sent one to them. I called and they tell me there was a delay and that it should be on my doorstep by wednesday the following week. Well now it comes to thursday and i call again (not to mention thats it's a 1/50 chance i'll actually get the person) and he tells me that they are expecting the parts to arrive today and they will ship them out UPS next day air, well friday comes and no parts, Saturday and no parts. They didn't answer the phone today so i can't ask them what the hell is going on. Now, they have been polite about it and offered compensation by way of a discount and free shipping. That makes me happy and all, but i would like a DEFINITE shipping date, not when they believe they will be here.

What should i do in this situation? Now, i pretty much feel like asking for a total refund of my money.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
They aren't supposed to bill you until it is shipped, so you should contact your state's attorney general, and their state's attorney general. Fraud is a felony, so one call from either of the AGs will strighten them up REAL fast.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, I'd feel awful if i did that to them, I'd really only do something like that as a last resort. They have been polite and all about it, it's just that i'm beginning to become impatient with them and i would appreicate it if they would answer their phones more. I'll call on monday and find out what the deal is. It better have been shipped by then or i'm asking for a refund.

Thanks for that information though, I didn't know that they weren't supposed to bill you before they had the item to send out to you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have had things happen like that before. One time the company came thorugh like champs in a way that make me to business with them whenever I get the chance. Others aren't so good. I would say that it depends on what the person your talkin got sounds like. If they sound like they are really sorry I would say give them a chance, if not, let them have it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i'm feeling slightly better, I got an Email from UPS saying that they had recieved my shipping documents and/or the package. It will be arriving here on Monday. I'm still going to call them to make sure i get the refund and special deal i was promised.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thats awesome their finally sending the parts...i hate having to hassle with people with stuff...i almost never buy from places that i havent heard feedback from others about.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts