TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister's 94 has been idling very low (400rpms) and i suspected a vac leak. I did find and fix a vac leak but the low idle has actually gotten worse. I removed the EGR valve and tested it, it opens and shuts perfectly and its not stuck open. I removed the little green vac tube that turns the egr on and off, and then opened the egr by hooking a tube to it and sucking. i heard the egr open then close and the idle almost stalled. The valve is working fine. After manually opening and closing the egr the car seems to idle perfect. I dont know what the problem is and I really want to replace the culprit part b/c my sister has to travel long distances in this car.
Is this the DPFE or what? There looks like a soleniod valve to controll the vaccum directly next to the DPFE. Is that the bad part? There is no suction coming through the green vac tube for the EGR. I was thinking about just leaving it unplugged but the car is working ok now.

Any help would be appreciated b/c most people i talk to just tell me to empty out my wallet until im ready to give up and get some new POS.
Well f that.
All you motherphuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna phuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little *****es. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax phucks who are making that movie, we're gonna make 'em eat our ****, then **** out our ****, then eat their **** which is made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherphucks are next. Love, Jay and Silent Bob.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have now unplugged the green vac hose that controls the egr valve and put a small plug in the tube. the car idles perfect now. the thing that controls the egr must be messed up and its not throwing any codes. What parts should I change, because I want the egr to function. The egr valve works too, i have manually tested it both in and out of the car. Ive tested it about 100 times and its worked (at all temperatures too, real hot, real cold, and room temp). Thanks alot. ~ryan

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
are you absolutely positive that green line going to the EGR has absolutely no leaks from the EGR vacuum regulator solenoid?.....remember that the vacuum regulator solenoid has to also get vacuum from somewhere too.....did you check the vacuum lines going to it?

remember...this is how the EGR works.....the EEC commands a certain percentage of EGR flow by sending voltage to the regulator solenoid.....it is solely responsible for opening the EGR valve....the DPFE monitors just how much EGR percentage is flowing...that is how the EEC knows just how much voltage to apply to the solenoid......so if the problem is at idle, when EGR is not being commanded at all, then i doubt it will be the DPFE, but rather a faulty vacuum regulator solenoid or a vacuum leak in its vicinity

.....if so, i still have my original DPFE which worked when i removed it...you can have it for $5 so you can diagnose and trace the problem

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Differential Pressure Feedback EGR

If what the original poster is is talking about looks like it has a 2 liter soda bottle cap on it, it is the EVR, if it is a silver (or black I think) box with silicone lines going to it, then it is the DPFE. DPFE is hard to get to on a 94.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks. Does this apply to the 1996 model? They did a revision to the intake, so I am not sure if the same EGR and EGR clogging occurs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts