TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad EEC screwing up my TPS voltages, and I believe it may have ruined my transmission. Either way, I have an inject tech chip.

I have a computer with pn F4WF-12A650-AE and catch code E4A4. What others will work with both my car and my chip? I found a computer today with catch code E4A3 and the same part number with different last two digits. I almost bought it for $75, but didn't want to spend the money if it didn't work. So what are my options here? The guys at the junkyard seemed ready to sell me any tbird 4.6 EEC. Will any 4.6 94-5 EEC work with my Thunderbird and chip? Are there any computers I can look for that will work with both and give me some performance gains? Thanks and sorry for the clueless questions.
-Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about others?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Any 94-95 V8 EEC will work. They'll all have that ML1-101 number on them, specifying the hardware is the same.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I got an a5w0 ML1-101 EEC today from a '95 Cougar, I sure hope that ***** works for $75. Thanks for the quick replies, I'll let you know how it works out
-Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This 95 EEC wont run with the chip installed. With the chip out, it will run pretty good, then starts to fall on its face under wot (i think its the LMAF being there without the chip). Can I get this 95 eec reflashed to be the same as my E4A4? I'm sick of trying to find one of these.
-Rob

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You should have gotten that E4A3. The A5W0 will not work with your chip and it can't be flashed to fix that unfortunately. While any of the 94-95 computers will run the car, only a few will run that chip.
I am sorry that I didn't get back in here sooner, but I thought you were only asking about whether you should buy the E4A3 that you found. Why didn't you buy that one?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No one had told me that it would work until I had already left the junkyard that had one :(

Maybe they will be nice and do some kinda swap with me. Its $75 also. Thanks for the good info man!

BTW, just got an '01 CV transmission with 15k for $300! Cant wait to jmod it and put it in with my new eec :)
-Rob

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the E4A3 and chip, the car wouldnt start last night. Pulled the chip and it started. Is there a way to test if my chip is bad? Doe this E4A3 need to be reflashed to work right for me? I think I might have to break down and buy a brand new E4A4. Let me know what you think!
-Rob

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The E4A4 is just a newer version of the E4A3 and it should work just fine. You are absolutely positive that you have the connectors cleaned completely where the chip plugs in?
If so, it sounds like you may have a bad chip. How did all of this start?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The connectors on the E4A3 mustve been still covered in that silver stuff. i did some sanding with 320 grit. Good news is that I dont need the E4A3, but I might sell it or keep it around for a spare.

I re-did the pinpoint test for my P0122 code and turns out that the power and signal wire for the TPS shorted to each other about a foot from the TPS when I soldered on the new connector. I thought the soldering burned something in the EEC and my first pinpoint test told me it was a bad EEC. My transmission got screwed in the process of driving it around hard as hell with TPS voltage of ~1v at WOT. At least I'm pretty sure thats what caused it.

Anyway, thanks for all your good help! I've got an '01 CV transmission w/ '01 GT converter, Jmod, and two tranny coolers :) Thanks again, wish I wouldve realized my mistake on the pinpoint test earlier.
-Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts