TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been discussed before, but i searched and couldnt find what i wanted.

my low fuel light came on a min ago...and i only have 193 miles on the tank. :eek:

i have new spark plugs and wires, used fuel injector cleaner, new fuel filter, and i recently cleaned MAF (with windex)

what do i need to do to improve this gas mileage that just plain sucks? Clean MAF with carb cleaner ? full cats have anything to do w/ it? something..... :(

thanks

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
What kind of driving are you doing, mostly around town? My mileage isn't that great in city driving. How heavy is the right foot?
I've noticed before that for some reason or another I didn't totally fill it up before I decided I was going to check it. When I totally refiled it,it threw my mileage off.
Just a few things to think about.

Joe

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
fill it up and do the math, then get back to us
17mpg or less is bad if you do a decent amount of city driving.
If your getting 19-23mpg then your doing fine.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all city driving...45mph or less..nore more than 2-3 miles @ same speed at a time.
foot isnt too heavy...

i'll fill it up in a day or two - i was on a hill when teh light came on, so i still have some left.

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
I wouldn't rely on that light too much. I've had that thing go off while I watch the needle bounce up and down. Then after I fill it I had like 3 or 4 gallons of gas still in there.

Joe

·
Registered
443 Posts
what the hell is up with that retarde gas gauge? its always fluctuating back and forth...is that cause of the stupid gas tank the way its almost split in two?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts