TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I know I have been scarce lately. I am sorry about that. My t-bird was doing awesome untill this past weekend when it started overheating badly.
My thunderbird is officially totaled. Head gasket most likely. The repair is going to be more than I can afford, so I am putting her up for sale. Most of the other parts are brand new... tokeko shocks and struts, new radiator, great transmition, etc.
I want to see her all out for $900. But If I cannot do that, then I am going to sell her for parts. Feel free to send me a message if you are interested or call me a 404 660 8212.

-Katie

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is bad news, and I know how it feels. My 35th is sitting in the garage with a blown headgasket too. Fortunately I got a new spare motor but it's just too cold to get it swapped. I'm having to drive the racer every day.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is bad news, and I know how it feels. My 35th is sitting in the garage with a blown headgasket too. Fortunately I got a new spare motor but it's just too cold to get it swapped. I'm having to drive the racer every day.
Yea, Rick told be about it when I called him. I am sorry to hear about that.
I don't know what type of car I am going to get now. I want another t-bird, but I am going to have to wait a bit and save up for one in really good condition. It the mean time I have to settle for an in-between car.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That sucks to hear. :bawling:

Russ

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Do you want me to give you a price to replace the headgaskets?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I hope you aren't going to trick me into coming down there to put headgaskets in an SC.... :tongue:

Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a new car guys. It is a 1990 Ford Festiva. It is a piece of crap!! 90 HP!!!! Wooooooieee!
It gets 37 mpg though... which is kinda cool, and it forced me to learn to drive a 5 speed manual.
I miss my t-bird so much... I promise you I will get another one someday.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Hey now, don't be hating on the Festiva's. :D

And are you sure on the 90 hp... :2huh: More like: 63 hp 73 ft. lb. tq.

My Aspire has 63 hp and 75 tq :tongue:

One thing that will "help" in the acceleratioin is to really wind the crap out of it in first and second gear. And if you start loosing speed going up a hill, downshift. At 70 mph, downshifting to 4th will put you at about 4000 - 4200 rpm, right in the power band of the engine.... Just don't try to pass anyone going up a hill!!

Give it at good tune up and fluid change and the engine should last forever. And if the transmission gives you problems they are VERY easy to repair. I just rebuilt mine (had a bearing getting noisy) and it only cost $300 in parts... including 2 new half shafts and a clutch kit!

There is are even performance parts availalble at http://www.festivamotorsport.com/ and also a pretty good forum at http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/

Have fun and just keep saying to yourself... 37 mpg... 37 mpg... 37 mpg. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, now my drag racer has a blown headgasket. It's leaking outside the block though and not into the engine so I can still drive it albeit very carefully. I made 3 passes and drove it home today. I can monitor my O2 sensor and it's still reading fine and the oil is clear so it's not getting into the engine. Rick's supposed swap my engine out in the 35th this week.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let me know how that goes.
I am glad to hear it isn't leaking into the engine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hahaha.... Oh my god I miss my baby.
This Festiva will go though.... not because of power, but because it is so light.
Thankx for showing me the websites though. Maybe I can spruce this car up a bit.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
hahaha.... Oh my god I miss my baby.
This Festiva will go though.... not because of power, but because it is so light.
Thankx for showing me the websites though. Maybe I can spruce this car up a bit.
It's surprisingly "peppy" isn't it!!! And yeah, every time I drive my LSC I almost cry when I have to get back in the Aspire.... that is until I drive past the gas stations. :D

Oh, and if you want to "upgrade" to the Aspire brakes/wheels I have a set (4) of OEM steel wheels that you can have for free. The link below is what is involved and from what everyone says it is a major improvement. :thumbsup:

http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/aspirebrakes.htm

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
... a festiva racecar? hmm. maybe a vtec swap? lmfao. i saw one done in a geo metro... that was sweet. prolly the equivalent to putting a four in a gokart.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
well, you remember when my car went down with a blown HG, and it still isn't fixed, but it will be, oh it will be.

·
Registered
340 Posts
So overheating is a definite HG problem?

Mine is doing the same.

Sorry to hear, Katie. You got a raw deal all around from that bird though, so it's amazing that you still love them.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Overheating can be caused by many things so it is not indicative to head gasket failure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts