TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car decided that it no longer liked my transmission. It went out the other night, while on a date. I had to call Mike to help me push it to a parking lot. He let me borrow his 95 5-speed so that I could finish my date, and no I was not too upset to borrow it. I still have the Bird, and don't plan on getting rid of it. But I am way too busy with school to spend the amount of time on it so I am plannig on buying another vehicle. It looks like I will be buying a 01 Ranger (gotta stay in the Ford family), and will repair the T-bird after I graduate in May. Oh, I will still be attending the meet, I won't miss it, but the Bird will.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry to hear about your tranny, I'm actually on my second tranny and the OD is staring to slip in that one.

Glad to hear that you are getting another vehicle, and are willing to still attend the meet coming up.

Good Luck on your new truck and your new tranny!

Jeff B.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I will still attend the meet. I may ride with Mike or take the new vehicle. I really wanted another Bird but I could not get approved for a loan from my credit union but the dealership could give me financing, go figure (good credit score but still a student). I could not miss the meet though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh man, what a bummer. Just remember, it's not all about the cars - it's about their owners as well. We'd still like to see you out there.

If you can think of anything we can help you with regarding the 'bird... let us know. You never know, we may be able to help!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, sadly graduation is not til May 6th, so I will not be able to put much time into it til then. I would get a shop to do it but then I will be investing a lot of money into labor that I can do myself. If I can find a good deal on a low mileage 4r70w I may pick it up and get it prepared (like J-mod and what not) for a swap that might take a weekend to do. But as it is right now I have way too much to do at school. But if any of you find a tranny at a good price let me know. I am looking forward to the meet, me might actually have a good turnout. Still at Woodys right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.