TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a year of sitting finally got the bird on the road again. Did "THE" mod on tranny.love the second gear shift.But noticed when I punch it from a stand still it hesitates be fore taking off.Can this be caused from a snapped o2 sensor or is it something else?Have no idea how it broke but wire is just hanging till the weekend.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Why was your Tbird sitting for a year? Is it throwing a CEL?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blew out tranny and didn't have the cash-flow too fix but that's just dust in the wind now........I hope.I'm gonna try to get a new o2 this week-end and try that if it doesn't work then take it to garage to be checked for codes

·
Registered
621 Posts
You don't need to take it to a shop to get the codes scanned, just take it to AutoZone, they scan it for free.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got a tune up a few months ago.

The mechanic came up to me and tried to sell me on scanning my car for codes....How much you ask?

70 bucks....LOL

fools.

"No thanks boss, I think I'll go to the Zone."

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the last time I checked (2yrs ago) they couldn't scan 96 only up to 94 or 95 didn't have the right scanner I'll stop by there tommorrow to see thanks for the info.gonna clean maf at lunch,gotta get rid of tht K&N " charger" filter hahaha thanks again

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the codes

went to the zone and had them scan for codes came up with 4: 156, 161, 172, 175- they all point towards bad o2 sensor. $70.00 each at the zone anyone know of anywhere I can get it cheaper? Plus will one bad O2 sensor effect both banks of the engine or do I have more then one bad sensor?What about MIL eliminators,are they goood or not?Sorry for the dumb questions but I've never really dealt with emissions too much.But this car is tooo sweet to mess up by not fixing it the right way.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
is it a primary or secondary sensor? if it is a secondary, you can go with MIL elimintors, or when you get a chip from a Inject Tech Distributor, they can turn the MIL function OFF. Then you can remove the cats (all three) without throwing a code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts